|Ketlen Vieira Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 1991|
Ketlen Vieira is a Brazilian mixed martial artist known for being one of the most dangerous fighters. She managed to win her first 10 fights with 2 of those victories coming via a knockout. She has also used her experience as a wrestler to the maximum and 4 out of her first 10 wins have come via submission.
Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil
After the completion of her school education, Ketlen Vieira got enrolled in the university to study law. She graduated from the university with a major in law.
Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Socorro Freitas
- Siblings – Unknown
Ketlen Vieira handles her representation work on her own.
Judo, Kickboxing, BJJ, Wrestling
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ketlen Vieira has refrained from discussing her personal life in her limited interactions with the media, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
Ketlen Vieira has used her social media activity to promote a number of products and brands such as –
- Gusta + Gelateria
- Sushi Ponta Negra
- Voūk Kimonos
Best Known For
- Being one of the most successful and popular Brazilian female MMA fighters
- Being one of the highest rated female fighters in the Bantamweight division of UFC. In July 2018, she was placed in the 2nd spot in the official UFC bantamweight rankings.
First MMA Match
In October 2014, Ketlen Vieira made her professional MMA debut at Circuito de Lutas: Fight Night 4 in São Paulo. She came up against Juliana Leite and managed to knock her opponent out in the 2nd round.
Ketlen Vieira works hard in the gym and does training to sustain her performances in the octagon ring. In the gym, she focuses on improving her endurance and conditioning through her strength training regime.
Ketlen also spends a lot of daytime in honing her fighting skills. She is usually guided by her head coach, André Pederneiras. She gets a substantial cardio done through her sparring sessions.
To ensure that she is eating right, Ketlen relies on the advice of her nutritionist, Victor Silvestre. She usually focuses on eating a clean diet. The lean meat gives her necessary protein. She also varies her carbs intake depending on the intensity of her workout regime.
Ketlen Vieira Facts
- She started taking training in judo at the age of 12. She also started working on her Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu skills at a fairly young age.
- Ketlen holds a black belt in Judo. She also has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Before she started focusing on becoming an MMA athlete, she was an accomplished wrestler. She had even managed to win Brazilian national wrestling championship.
- After she decided to become an MMA competitor, she started training under Marcinho Pontes (who had also trained popular Brazilian fighter José Aldo in the early stages of his career) at Nova Uniao Manaus gym.
- Before she decided to join UFC, she had managed to claim the Mr. Cage bantamweight title while fighting under Mr. Cage and Big Way Fight Night banners.
- By the time she joined UFC, she had managed to create an impeccable record of 6-0 in the space of 17 months.
- She was all set to face Tonya Evinger at UFC Fight Night 137 in September 2018. However, in August 2018, it was announced that she opted out of the fight because of a knee injury.
- Follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Ketlen Vieira / Instagram