|Kevin Levrone Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Weight||115 kg (On Season)|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1964|
Kevin Levrone is an American IFBB professional bodybuilder, personal trainer, musician, and blogger, best known for being the Mr. Olympia bodybuilding contest runner-up in 1992, 1995, 2000, and 2002. Even though he was considered one of the best bodybuilders in the 1990s next to Flex Wheeler, neither of them managed to win the Mr. Olympia contest, which earned them both a nickname of “The Uncrowned King of Mr. Olympia”. Kevin has managed to win 23 out of 68 IFBB professional contests, which has earned him a record for the most wins by an IFBB professional. He held that record until 2004 when it was broken by Ronnie Coleman.
Kevin unofficially retired from competing in 2003, as he decided to challenge himself in other areas. In May 2016, he announced that he would compete in the Mr. Olympia contest that year via a special invite, and at age 51, with only 5 months of preparation, placed 17th. In 2018, he competed in the Arnold Classic Australia competition, organized and led by Arnold Schwarzenegger, and ended up at the 13th place out of 14 competitors. After the contest ended, Kevin announced that he would retire from bodybuilding, and focus on becoming a personal trainer and a supplement and clothing line business owner instead. He has amassed a fan base of more than 1 million followers on Facebook and more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
Kevin Mark Levrone
Kev, Hollywood, The Uncrowned King, Kevin The Cat, Maryland Muscle Machine
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
His educational history is unknown.
Bodybuilder, Personal Trainer, Musician, Blogger
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Gabe Levrone (Older Brother). He also has 4 older siblings.
Kevin Levrone is represented by U Turn Films (Manager) in Denver, Colorado, United States.
Country, Rock, Ballad
Vocals, Acoustic Guitar
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
- 115 kg or 253.5 lbs (On Season/Competitive Weight)
- 120 kg or 264.5 lbs (Peak Off Season Weight, Active Career)
- 100 kg or 220.5 (Off Season Weight, Post-Active Career)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Levrone has kept his dating history private.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He is of Italian-American descent on his paternal side and of African-American descent on his maternal side.
Due to advancing age, his hair turned from ‘Black’ to ‘Salt and Pepper’ and he decided to keep it shaven.
- Tall, bodybuilder physique
- Bald head
- Dimpled smile
- Arm Size – 24 in or 61 cm
- Leg Size – 32 in or 81 cm
- Waist Size – 29 in or 73.5 cm
- Chest Size – 57 in or 145 cm
Kevin Levrone has endorsed brands such as –
- Kevin Levrone Signature Series Clothing
- Levro Supplements
- TeamLevrone.com Fitness Platform
- Coach Levrone Training
Best Known For
- His imposing bodybuilder physique, and singing voice and acoustic guitar skills
- Holding the record of 23 1st place Overall Pro Bodybuilding Show wins until 2004
- Being the runner-up (2nd place) at the most prestigious bodybuilding competition Mr. Olympia in 1992, 1995, 2000, and 2002
- Coming back to compete in Mr. Olympia contest in 2016, at the age of 51
As a Singer
Kevin Levrone has kept his musical career on the backburner while actively competing, but never stopped singing or playing the acoustic guitar. His debut solo song was uploaded on his iTunes account, titled Avalanche, featuring artists Tribal Klik and Raul Cruz, as well as a song Double Duo in collaboration with Raul Cruz, both in 2015.
In 2015, Kevin Levrone also released 2 original solo singles – All Mine and See the Light. On his YouTube channel, he has released covers of songs Stuck On You by Lionel Richie, She’s Every Woman by Garth Brooks, Lean On Me by Bill Withers, all in 2014, and To Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan in 2015, as well as My Sacrifice by rock band Creed in 2016.
Kevin Levrone made his first theatrical film appearance as Turk in the action thriller Backlash in 2006.
First TV Show
Kevin Levrone made his first TV show appearance as himself in an episode titled Arnold Schwarzenegger: Flex Appeal of the documentary series Biography in 1996.
Kevin is a big fan of changing things up to avoid hitting a plateau and keeping the body guessing. He also tries to emphasize the importance of going heavyweight in combination with high volume for muscle hypertrophy. He advised testing maximum strength with low-volume exercises from time to time, once a lifter gets enough training under his belt.
Kevin is best known for his massive 24-inch arms at their peak, for which he always does the same routine as he found it works for him best.
- Cable Curl: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Concentration Curl: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Barbell Curl: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Curl: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Close-Grip Bench Press: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Lying Extension: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Rope Pushdown: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- One-Arm Dumbbell Extension: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
As for his diet, Kevin doesn’t like eating cheat meals and isn’t a proponent of a traditional bulking/cutting routine that lasts the whole year. He doesn’t like eating proteins from red meat and tries to avoid it as much as he can by eating chicken and fish. When cutting, Kevin eats a very low carb amount and adds spices and sauces to prevent the taste from going bland. During his competition preparation, he would keep it simple and effective, by following an easy diet plan.
- Meal 1 – 2 whole eggs, 10 egg whites, 1/2 oatmeal
- Meal 2-5 – 1 cup of cooked rice, 340g of chicken breast or fish
- Meal 5 – 12 egg whites, or a whole steak
Kevin Levrone Favorite Things
- Personal Interests – Making the world a better place
- Personal Quote – “I give everyone a chance.”
- Exercises – Squats, Bent Over Rows, Flat Bench Press
Kevin Levrone Facts
- He lost both of his parents to cancer at a young age. This made Kevin very health-conscious early on, as he was scared the same thing would happen to him if he wasn’t careful about bad habits.
- He became interested in working out after he noticed the changes to the size and condition of his cousin’s body when he came back home from the military.
- Kevin Levrone earned his Pro IFBB card in 1991 after he won the NPC Finals competition.
- Winning a pro show automatically made him eligible to compete at the IFBB Mr. Olympia contest, which was the most prestigious contest for bodybuilders. Kevin ended up in the 2nd place in 1992.
- In 1993, while working out, he tore both major and minor pectoralis (chest) muscles and needed 2 surgeries to fix the damage. The 1st surgery lasted 8 hours, but he got an infection afterward, which forced surgeons to perform the 2nd one.
- His best bench-press was a raw lift of 1 repetition of 240 kg or 529 lb with no equipment, only a belt to prevent muscle rupture or hernia.
- In 1994, Kevin showed the genetic potential that he later became well known for. After major surgeries, he managed to get back in contest shape for Mr. Olympia 1994 in only 2 months and end up in 5th place.
- Bodybuilders usually train all-year-round for a show, but Kevin was blessed with incredible testosterone receptors that made him be able to pack between 20 and 40 pounds of muscle in a few months.
- He would stop training completely, get a “dad-bod”, and focus on other things such as music. Kevin would then “grow into a show” in about 5 months, show up as big and shredded as competitors that never stopped training, and win high placings.
- His genetics and muscle memory were the reasons he was able to come back at 51 years of age for Mr. Olympia 2016, after only 5 months of serious training.
- What made his comeback more shocking was the fact that he hasn’t competed and barely trained for more than a decade. In addition, the age of 51 years was far from the human body’s peak strength, agility, elasticity, and low body fat potential.
- After he ended up in the last place at Mr. Olympia 2016, he revealed that he was forced to train with an injury to his knee, which prevented him from training legs seriously. He also injured his pectoralis muscle, even though he still managed to re-build the large chest which was one of his trademarks.
- Visit his official websites @ coachlevrone.com, teamlevrone.com, levrosupplements.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Kevin Levrone / Instagram