|Kim Chi Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 8, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Chi a South Korean-American drag queen, artist, actress, singer, and television personality who is best known for participating in the 8th edition of the reality television competition series, RuPaul‘s Drag Race. She also became the first Korean-American drag queen to appear on American national television.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
South Korean, American
Kim Chi attended college and studied Graphic Design.
Drag Queen, Artist, Television Personality, Actress, Singer
Kim Chi is represented by Voss Events.
6 ft 4½ in or 194.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Curvy physique
- Detailed eye makeup
Kim Chi Favorite Things
- Game – Danganronpa
Source – FANDOM
Kim Chi Facts
- After her birth, she spent some of her childhood years growing up in South Korea.
- Her parents are divorced.
- It was in 2012 that she started her drag journey in Chicago as Kim Chi.
- With her appearance on RuPaul’s Drag Race, she became the first Korean-American participant on the show.
- Kim Chi released her song, Single, in 2016.
- In the year 2016, she competed on season 8 of RuPaul’s Drag Race and her fellow contestants included Bob the Drag Queen, Naomi Smalls, Cynthia Lee Fontaine, Derrick Barry, and others. She finished as a runner-up, alongside Naomi Smalls, for the season.
- It was only after Kim Chi started gaining acclaim on television that her mother got to know about her drag career and she did not know anything about it until 2017.
- Regarding her drag persona, she once said, “Kim Chi is a live-action anime character whose fashion aesthetic could be described as ‘bionic doily.’ I imagine my aura to be an array of ultraviolet colors that spews glitter. I celebrate all things cute, fun, weird, and exotic.”
- Kim Chi competed against the likes of Trixie Mattel, Jasmine Masters, Latrice Royale, and Eureka O’Hara in the holiday television special, RuPaul’s Drag Race Holi-slay Spectacular, in 2018.
- She has also worked as an art director.
- She has appeared in music videos for several songs such as The Realness by RuPaul, Straight Outta Oz and Expensive by Todrick Hall, Pose by Naomi Smalls, and Me4U by Danny L Harle.
- Kim Chi has also appeared on other shows like Gay for Play Game Show Starring RuPaul, RuPaul’s Celebrity Drag Race, Pardon My French Food, and Gaymer Guys.
- She has launched her own cruelty-free beauty line called KimChi Chic Beauty and it was nominated for a WOWIE Award in the “Best Beauty Line Awards” category in 2019.
Featured Image by DVSROSS / Flickr / CC BY 2.0