|Kim Jong-dae Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1992|
Kim Jong-dae is a South Korean singer, actor, and songwriter known for being a member of the popular boy band, Exo. He has done endorsement work for brands like Kolon Sport, Nature Republic, Skechers, Samsung, and Baskin-Robbins. Kim has released songs like Up Rising, Though I Loved You, A Day Without You, and The Best Luck.
Chen, Kim Da-jung
Siheung, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Kim Jong-dae went to the Kyung Hee Cyber University and graduated with a BBA degree. In February 2017, it was revealed that he had taken admission at the Hanyang Cyber University to study in the advertisement media MBA program.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Kim Jong-deok (Older Brother)
Kim Jong-dae is represented by SM Entertainment.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
In 2016, the pictures of his alleged girlfriend were leaked in the media. It was claimed that the leaker was his girlfriend’s female friend. Some sources claimed that the girl with him in the pictures was his former girlfriend.
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair ‘light brown’ or ‘blonde’.
As a member of music band EXO, Kim Jong-dae has done promotional work for the following brands –
- Kolon Sport
- Nature Republic
- IVY Club
- MCM Worldwide
- Lotte World
- Lotte Duty Free
- Kangshifu Ice Tea
- Hats On
- Goobne Chicken
Along with his fellow Exo-CBX bandmates, he has appeared in a TV commercial for Hyundai Kona Electric car. The video was the remake of the music video of Lee Sun-hee’s hit song Beautiful Gangsan.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being the main vocalist of the popular Korean Chinese boy band, Exo, which has sold more than 31 million albums in South Korea and more than 50 million albums all over the world. They are also recognized as the most popular boy band in the South East Asian countries.
- Being a member of Exo-CBX, which is a sub-unit of Exo. It is best known for being the first official sub-unit of the popular music group.
In June 2013, his music band released their first studio album, XOXO, which was a huge commercial hit as it sold more than 1 million albums in South Korea.
His first studio album with Exo-CBX was Magic, which was released in May 2018 and was only recorded in the Japanese language. The album sold more than 41k copies within the first week and eventually managed to reign at the top of the Oricon music charts.
His first single as a solo artist was Dear My Family, which was released in 2012.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
In 2013, Kim Jong-dae made his first TV show appearance in the Lotte Outlets Buyeo Store episode of the game show, Running Man.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Kim Jong-dae Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Kim Jong-dae Facts
- At the age of 19, he was selected as a trainee for the S.M. Entertainment‘s casting system.
- In December 2011, it was announced that he was the 4th member of the new boy band, Exo.
- In 2014, he joined another SM Entertainment band S.M. the Ballad, which was formed by the label in 2010. After his joining, the band released their 2nd album, Breath.
- For the name of Exo-CBX, the first letter of band members’ stage names (Chen, Baekhyun, and Xiumin) were used.
- As a member of Exo, he has participated in the Smile for U campaign, which was jointly launched by UNICEF and SM Entertainment. The campaign aimed to provide music education through charitable work.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by The Vocalist / Tistory / CC BY-4.0