|Krzysztof Piątek Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 1995|
Krzysztof Piątek is a Polish professional soccer player who is renowned as a clinical finisher and has represented major European clubs such as Hertha BSC and AC Milan. He was the top goalscorer in the 2018-19 season of the Coppa Italia, netting 8 goals for Italian clubs Genoa CFC and AC Milan. Krzysztof has also represented Poland’s national team and had scored a goal in his very first competitive game, in 2018, in the UEFA Nations League.
Il Pistolero, Robocop
Dzierżoniów, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Poland
Krzysztof’s formal education took a backseat as he began playing competitively in youth leagues from the age of 11.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Władysław Piątek
He is represented by Fabryka Futbolu, Soccer Talent Agency, Poznań, Poland.
- 13, 26 – Zagłębie Lubin
- 99 – Cracovia
- 9 – Genoa CFC
- 7 – Hertha BSC
- 9, 19 – AC Milan
- 9, 23 – Poland
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Krzysztof has dated –
- Paulina Procyk (2019–Present) – Krzysztof got married to Polish lawyer Paulina Procyk on June 1, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Polish descent.
- Side-cropped hair
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Sports a light stubble
- Has a mole on his neck
Krzysztof has been sponsored by brands such as –
- OSHEE Vitamin Water
- Kinga Pienińska
Krzysztof Piątek Favorite Things
- Soccer Players/Role Models – Harry Kane, Cristiano Ronaldo, Thierry Henry
- Soccer Club – Manchester United
Krzysztof Piątek Facts
- After helping the Polish club Zagłębie Lubin attain promotion for the 2015 season to the Ekstraklasa (Poland’s top tier soccer league), Krzysztof’s performances led the team to a remarkable 3rd place finish in the league by virtue of which the club qualified for European competitions for the first time since the championship-winning team of the 2006–07 season.
- In 2016, he joined another Polish club, Cracovia, where he scored an impressive 32 goals in 2 seasons over 65 matches. His 2nd season with the club (2017-18) was a real breakthrough for him as he was the Ekstraklasa‘s 3rd highest goalscorer with 21 goals to his credit.
- His goalscoring form attracted interest from the bigger leagues in Europe and in June 2018, he signed a 4-year contract with Italian club Genoa that was worth €4 million. On his debut for the club, he scored 4 goals which included a hat-trick that helped the club to a 4–0 win over Lecce in the Coppa Italia (Italian annual club knockout competition).
- On his Serie A (Italy’s top tier soccer league) debut with Genoa, he scored a goal within the first 6 minutes. He scored 5 goals in his first 4 Serie A games which made him the first player since Andriy Shevchenko (1999) to do so. He also became the first player since the great Gabriel Batistuta (1994–95) to score in every one of his first 7 Serie A games when he scored in a 3–1 loss against Parma. In the same season, he was the fastest player across Europe’s major leagues to reach the mark of 10 goals for the season.
- His stirring start for Genoa piqued the interest of the legendary Italian club AC Milan, who signed him, as a replacement for the outgoing Gonzalo Higuaín, for a 4-year contract worth €35 million.
- In just his 2nd game for AC Milan, he scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Napoli in the Coppa Italia quarter-final and was voted the team’s MVP (Most Valuable Player) in the match by fans.
- He scored 6 goals in his first 5 games for AC Milan which made him the fastest player to reach that milestone for the club, beating the record of club legend Nils Liedholm. He was also the first player since Mario Balotelli (2013) to score in each of his first 3 games for AC Milan in the Serie A.
- Krzysztof was named in Poland’s 35-member preliminary squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup but was not selected in the final list of 23 men.
- He was given the nickname Il Pistolero (The Gunslinger) by fans due to his gun-firing celebration style.
Featured Image by Krzysztof Piątek / Instagram