|Laura Wright Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1970|
Laura Wright is a well distinguished American actress who came to prominence with her important portrayal of Ally Rescott Bowman in Loving (1991-1995) and The City (1995-1997), Cassie Layne Winslow on Guiding Light (1997–2005) and Carly Corinthos on General Hospital. The astounding actress has also won herself a Daytime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series” for her role in General Hospital in 2011. With time, Laura has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Twitter, more than 250k followers on Facebook, and more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Laura Alice Sisk
Washington, D.C., United States
Santa Barbara, California, United States
Laura completed her studies from Surrattsville High School. Then, she advanced to Surrattsville Sr. High in Clinton, Maryland where she graduated in 1988.
- Father – Rector A. Sisk (d. December 29, 2018)
- Mother – Betty Louise Sisk (d. October 24, 2018)
- Siblings – Jefferey Sisk (Brother)
- Others – Harry W. Sisk (Paternal Grandfather), Gideon G. Sisk (Paternal Great Grandfather), Julia Ann McCann (Paternal Great Grandmother), Nora Belle Bartee (Paternal Grandmother), James W. Bartee (Paternal Great Grandfather), Laura Alice Jennings (Paternal Great Grandmother), Willie Myrtle Mullins (Maternal Grandfather), Dennie Douglas (Maternal Grandmother), Rex Berkeley Sisk (Paternal Uncle), Gloria Jean Mullins (Maternal Aunt)
Laura is represented by Standing Sun Winery.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura has dated –
- John Wright (1995-2016) – Laura married architect John Wright on October 7, 1995. Together, they share a girl named Lauren Beth Wright (b. November 16, 1998) and a son named John Michael Wright (b. December 21, 2000). Despite the couple being married for over 2 decades, in April 2016, Laura publicly announced that she and her then-husband had mutually decided to part ways for good a few years prior to their divorce.
- Maurice Benard – In the past, the strongly romantic on-screen couple from the show General Hospital were believed to have been dating one another. However, the relationship did not seem to be anything more than just a flirty friendship.
- Wes Ramsey (2017-Present) – Laura started dating her former Guiding Light actor Wes Ramsey in 2017. On June 15, 2017, she uploaded a picture to her Instagram, where she was lovingly being hugged by Wes while they took a selfie. Laura captioned it “#grateful #lifeisbeautiful# itsuptoyou #itreallyisuptoyou #wr#crazy❤️ #happyMe”. Thereafter, the couple made it official that they were dating one another.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English and Irish ancestry.
- Beautiful eyes
- Wavy blonde hair
- Wide smile
- Perfect Jawline
Laura has appeared in commercials for several brands including GH Fantasy Weekend.
Through her social media, Laura has either endorsed or promoted many brands like –
- Mahiku Activewear Hawaii
Best Known For
- Starring as Ally Rescott Bowman in Loving (1991-1995) and The City (1995–1997), Cassie Layne Winslow on Guiding Light (1997–2005) and Carly Corinthos on General Hospital
- Winning a Daytime Emmy Award in 2011 and being nominated for 5 more from 2012 to 2019
Laura made her debut theatrical film appearance as Clarinda in the biopic, Joy in 2015.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Ally Rescott Bowman on the ABC hit series, Loving in 1991.
Laura is very careful about her health and lean physique. She often takes up fitness challenges such as the Beachbody 21 Day Fix nutrition plan that, she started on December 5, 2016. She also enjoys playing outdoor sports and indulging in other adventurous activities.
As for her diet, she is very careful with her about what she eats and prefers to keep away from food that contains high carbs.
She is also open to giving out coaching and advice on exercise, weight loss, and meal plan regimes to people who reach out to her @ email@example.com.
Laura Wright Facts
- She was brought up in Clinton, Maryland.
- During her high school years, Laura took part in a number of plays like Gypsy, Our Town, and You Can’t Take It with You.
- She is close friends with Shannon Law.
- From 1991 to 1997 Laura played the character of Ally Rescott Bowman in Loving and its continuing series of The City.
- In 2006, Laura hosted an infomercial called the American Laser Centers.
- Actress Kelly Ripa and Laura were once roommates and good friends
- In 2018, Laura lost her mother and father just 2 months and 5 days apart.
- Laura has been playing the lead role of Carly Corinthos on General Hospital for more than a decade. She took up the lead in the hit show in November 2005. Laura also starred in Guiding Light from 1997 to 2005. Both the shows hold the Guinness World Record for “Longest-Running Drama In Television in American History”.
- From 2012 to 2019, Laura had been nominated for 5 Daytime Emmy Awards.
- Actress Marcia Gay Harden also studied at the Surrattsville High School in 1976.
- Laura has a pet dog named Firegirl.
- Besides acting, she is also a Beachbody fitness coach.
- She and singer, songwriter, and fitness enthusiast Laura Wright share the same first and last name and are very often confused with one another.
- Follow Laura on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image By Laura Wright / Instagram