|Lloyd Owen Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 14, 1966|
Lloyd Owen is an English actor who is best known for portraying various important roles in several hit films and TV shows like Apollo 18, Monarch of the Glen, and Miss Potter. He has also done several live performances such as playing Nick in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? in 1996 and then again as Dan in Closer in 1998.
Richard Lloyd Owen
Charing Cross Hospital, Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
Lloyd went to Highgate School in London.
Lloyd began his acting studies at the National Youth Theatre and later, joined the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) from which he was expelled after he asked the principal for a term off just as he completed his first year of formal training.
- Father – Glyn Owen (Actor)
- Mother – Patricia Mort (Actress)
- Siblings – Cathy Owen (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Lloyd is represented by Hamilton Hodell.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lloyd has dated –
- Juliette Mole – Model and actress Juliette Mole and Lloyd have been married to each other for many years. The couple has a son named Maxim and a daughter named Mimi.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Welsh ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Bright blue eyes
- Scar on his chin
Lloyd has done voice-overs for several brands such as –
- British Gas
Best Known For
- Being cast in several films such as The Republic of Love, Miss Potter, Apollo 18, and Free Ride
- Having done many live stage performances like The York Realist as well as Peter in Paul
- Playing the role of Professor Dr. Henry Jones, Sr. who was the father of Indiana Jones in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles from 1992 to 1993
Lloyd made his theatrical film debut as Peter in the comical, drama, and romantic film The Republic of Love in 2004.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Pete Blisset in Boon in 1988.
Lloyd Owen Favorite Things
- Movies – Falling Down (1993), Downfall (2004), A Separation (2011), Bridesmaids (2011), Goodfellas (1990), The Lives of Others (2006), The Big Lebowski (1998), The Aristocats (1970), Pelle the Conqueror (1987)
- TV Shows – Boss, The Wire, West Wing, Modern Family, Phoenix Nights, Toast
- Actresses – Imelda Staunton, Lorraine Ashbourne, Susan Brown, Angel Coulby
- Actor – Matthew Barker
- Holiday Destinations – Highlands of Scotland, Morocco, Californian road-trips
- Authors – Raymond Carver, Ted Hughes, Primo Levi, Richard Holloway, David Profumo, Philip Roth, Antony de Mello, Bruce Chatwin
- After-Show Haunts – Two Brydges, The Delaunay, and the saddle of his bike
- Play – Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Source – LondonTheatre.co.uk
Lloyd Owen Facts
- He began his acting career with a theater called Cheek by Jowl and went around the world doing plays inspired from Shakespear’s books.
- His first choice had always been the theatre where he could be creative and showcase his baritone voice.
- Lloyd can speak French very well.
- He is considered to be a successful singer as well with his baritone voice.
- The first stage performance he ever did was at St Mary’s Church Hall during the Cub Scouts Christmas show where he played the role of a chef with a rolling pin.
- If he hadn’t been an actor, he would have become a diamond merchant.
- He can speak in 6 different British accents – Northern, Lancashire, Liverpool, London, Welsh, and Yorkshire.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by S Pakhrin / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0