|Lyrica Okano Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1994|
Lyrica Okano is an American actress, dancer, and producer. She is best known for her role as Nico Minoru on Hulu’s TV series Marvel’s Runaways alongside Rhenzy Feliz, Virginia Gardner, Gregg Sulkin, Ariela Barer, Allegra Acosta, Angel Parker, Ryan Sands, Annie Wersching, Ever Carradine, Brigid Brannagh, James Yaegashi, and Kip Pardue.
Okano Ririka / 岡野りりか
New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She was primarily educated in schools in the United States but also briefly attended a school in Kyoto, Japan. She was then homeschooled in 2009.
Actress, Producer, Dancer
- Father – He taught Japanese.
- Mother – She worked in IT.
Lyrica Okano is represented by –
- Innovative Artists (Talent Agent, Commercial, Personal Appearance) in Santa Monica, Los Angeles, California, United States
- STATUS PR (Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Jackoway Austen Tyerman Wertheimer Mandelbaum Morris Bernstein Trattner & Klein (Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lyrica Okano has dated –
- Ed Word (2018-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Japanese descent.
Lyrica Okano Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- Alcoholic Drink – Wine
- Filmmaker – Hayao Miyazaki
Lyrica Okano Facts
- Her parents emigrated from Japan to the United States to join the punk rock scene.
- Her voice type is alto.
- Lyrica trained Olympic gymnastics for 10 years, between the ages of 4 and 14. She also contemplated competing professionally but stopped after she realized she lacked social skills.
- Her parents also enrolled her in karate training at the age of 4. Their goal was for her to follow Japanese tradition but also learn discipline, focus, and respect toward older people.
- She is proficient at hip hop, disco, jazz, and ballet dancing.
- She speaks fluent Japanese.
- Lyrica was bullied while attending a school in the United States for being the only Asian girl in class. To avoid that, she briefly transferred to a school in Kyoto, Japan, where she was again bullied for having American mannerisms.
- Despite her self-professed lack of social skills, Lyrica befriended a fellow American actress of Japanese descent, Yuka Taga from a very young age. The two later collaborated professionally.
- Lyrica cursed on a telephone call when she found out she got the role of Nico Minoru in Marvel’s Runaways (2017-2019).
- The character of Nico was called Nancy at the audition and the details were very vague. This was standard procedure due to Marvel’s habit of keeping their projects a secret.
- She was a fan of Marvel comic books prior to being cast. Before she went in to audition, she re-read a few Iron Man comics.
- She had to move from New York to Los Angeles after she got the role. Due to confidentiality, Lyrica had to lie to people and tell them she moved because she liked the sun.
- Lyrica stated that she based her performance as Nico on a friend from middle school who was a Japanese-American Wiccan and carried her Book of Shadows everywhere. The girl even sent her a copy of the Book of Shadows and a few Wicca books when she started filming the TV show.
- The character she played in Marvel’s Runaways is one of the 1st bisexual characters in TV shows created by Marvel.
- Her mom dressed her up as a witch for every Halloween. Lyrica also always wanted to have witch powers and watched a lot of films by the animator, filmmaker, and manga artist, Hayao Miyazaki.
- She is a big cat lover.
Featured Image by Lyrica Okano / Instagram