|Mahogany Lox Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 5, 1994|
Mahogany Lox is an American singer, songwriter, DJ, social media star, model, and TV star who is best known for being a briefcase model in Deal or No Deal. She earned her fame from the 6-second videos that she would upload to her Vine account. Following her success on Vine, she started a YouTube channel titled Mahogany Lox to which she uploads videos of challenges, pranks, lifestyle, collabs, reactions, beauty vlogs, and occasional music cover videos. Mahogany is also popularly known for being a descendant of the well-known Gordy family. She has amassed a huge fan base with more than 650k subscribers on YouTube, more than 1.8 million followers on Instagram, more than 1.6 million followers on Twitter, and 100k plus followers on Facebook.
Mahogany Cheyenne Gordy
Michigan, United States
The details of Mahogany’s educational qualifications are unknown.
Model, Singer, Songwriter, TV Star, DJ
- Father – Berry Gordy IV
- Mother – Valerie Robson
- Siblings – Skyler Austen Gordy (Older Brother) (Singer, Rapper, Dancer)
- Others – Bianca Lawson (Older Second Cousin Sister) (Actress), Stefan Kendal Gordy (Niece), Berry Gordy, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather) (Producer), Thelma Louise Coleman (Paternal Grandmother)
5 ft 4 in or 164 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mahogany has dated –
- Carlos Esparza (2014-Present) – Actor Carlos Esparza and Mahogany started dating sometime in 2014. However, if it weren’t for Mahogany’s bold move to ask him out to a Maroon 5 concert going on at that time, the now spectacular duo would have probably remained friends because of Carlos’s shy nature. Since then, the two have been together and show no signs of remorse for one another.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black & White)
Mahogany has African-American and English ancestry.
Light Brown (Natural)
- Curly hair
- Freckled skin
Mahogany has either endorsed or promoted brands such as Pitch Perfect 2, MTV, VMA Awards, Old Navy, Curve, Coca-Cola, Clean & Clear, Acuvue, Cover Girl, Carol’s Daughter, Hollister, Invisalign, Timberland, NYX, Redken, Facebook along with many more.
Best Known For
- Releasing several hit cover songs such as Shower (2014), Problem (2014), It Is What It Is (2017)
- Being cast as a briefcase model #13 on the game-show Deal or No Deal since 2018
- Being a part of the Magcon family
- Uploading videos of challenges, pranks, occasional music cover videos, collabs, reactions, beauty vlogs, and lifestyle to her YouTube channel titled Mahogany Lox
- The 6-second videos that she would upload to her Vine account
- Being a descendant of the Motown Gordy Family
As a Singer
She released her debut original single titled Boom on May 26, 2015. After that, she released several other songs such as It Is What It Is (2017) and No Deal (2018).
First TV Show
Mahogany made her first TV show appearance as a briefcase model in the game-show Deal or No Deal in 2018
Mahogany Lox Favorite Things
- Music Video Of Hers – Boom (2015)
- Thing About TikTok – Being able to get creative with the videos
- Fifth Harmony Song – Reflection (2015)
Mahogany Lox Facts
- She was born and raised in Michigan.
- Mahogany’s father is a descendant of the well-known “Motown Gordy Family”.
- Her parents named her Mahogany after her grandfather Berry Gordy’s film Mahogany (1975). He was also the founder of Motown Records.
- She was born with a talent for singing, as she descends from a long-line of Motown singers.
- Mahogany was bullied almost right through her schooling years.
- She enjoys sketching when she’s not busy.
- Mahogany is very fond of drinking chocolate milk.
- She and singer Jacob Whitesides are best friends.
- In the past, she has been cast in several music videos such as LMFAO’s Party Rock Anthem (2011), Shwayze’s Drunk off your love (2011), and Selfie (2014) by The Chainsmokers.
- Mahogany’s late aunt Anna Gordy was married to late Motown singer Marvin Gaye from 1963 to 1977. However, their relationship ended after they legally parted ways.
- Her older brother Sky Blu and uncle Redfoo formed the well-known musical duo LMFAO.
- Mahogany is a half-second cousin to president Jimmy Carter. She is a descendant of his great-grandfather James Thomas Gordy’s relationship with a black woman named Esther Johnson.
- In 2013, she joined the Magcon as a DJ and began touring alongside them. She was the only girl in the group and was also part of their 1st official meet and greet event.
- In 2015, she worked as a correspondent on separate occasions such as during the American Music Awards and in America’s Best Dance Crew. Mahogany also DJ’ed alongside the girl group called Fifth Harmony.
- She is very fond of her dogs Teddy and Pockets.
- Visit her official website @ mahoganylox.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Mahogany Lox / Instagram