Marianne Ragipcien Jean-Baptiste
Camberwell, London, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
She is classically trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London and has performed at the Royal National Theatre.
Actress, singer-songwriter, composer, and director
- Father – Foreman at an event company
- Mother – Worked in old people’s home
- Siblings – Unknown
She is managed by –
- Independent Talent Group Ltd. in London, United Kingdom
- Untitled Entertainment in California, United States
Her songs have been released under the label EMI Classics. She hasn’t herself signed with the record label.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marianne Jean-Baptiste dated –
- Evan Williams (1997-Present) – She has been married to ballet dancer Evan Williams since 1997. They have 2 daughters, Pascale Williams (b. April 1997) and Leyla.
Race / Ethnicity
- Strong charismatic personality
- Mostly does positive roles
34-30-32 in or 86-76-81 cm
12 (US) or 42 (EU)
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the major brands.
Best Known For
Marianne is best-known for The Cell (2000) and Spy Game (2001).
She is also known for her the character of Hortense Cumberbatch in drama film Secrets & Lies (1996), and as Vivian Johnson on series Without a Trace from 2002 to 2009.
Her 2015 ITV crime drama series Broadchurch in which she played the character of Sharon Bishop QC is also amongst her notable works.
She made her acting debut in 1991 with Once Upon A Time as a babysitter.
First TV Show
Marianne’s first TV show was ITV crime drama series Cracker in which she played Marcia Reid in just 1 episode.
Marianne is a talented writer and music composer. She has recorded a blues songs album and her composition includes the musical score for Career Girls (1997).
Marianne does not have a personal trainer.
To avoid snacking and consuming extra calories, she takes home-cooked food to work and avoids eating out. She is fit even in her late 40s and believes in living a simple life.
Marianne Jean-Baptiste Favorite Things
- Pastime – Painting, drawing, reading, writing, playing music
Source – EUR
Marianne Jean-Baptiste Facts
- In 1996, Marianne gained instant fame in the glamor world with her drama film Secrets & Lies and became the first ever black British actress to get a nomination for the Academy (Oscar) award.
- Marianne got into a controversy after she claimed racism for being excluded at the Cannes Film Festival from the British talent promotion actor group.
- In 1997, she became the first black British actress to not get nominated for an NAACP Image Award even though she got an Oscar-nomination.
- She performed in Paris for The Suit (Le Costume) play by Barney Simon and Mothobi Mutloatse in 1999.
- Marianne is a reserved person and likes to spend time with near and dear ones.
- She is not on social media.