|Mario Mandžukic Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2¾ in|
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1986|
Mario Mandžukic is a professional footballer from Croatia who started playing for his national side Croatia’s senior team in November 2007. Before that, he played for Croatia’s U21, U20, and U19 teams. He has also played for the clubs Marsonia, VfL Wolfsburg, Bayern Munich, Atlético Madrid, Juventus, and many others. In 2012 and 2013, he was honored with “Croatian Footballer of the Year” title.
Đilkoš, Mandzo, Mandzu
Slavonski Brod, SFR Yugoslavia
He is based in Turin, Italy.
Mario Mandžukic started his soccer journey at TSF Ditzingen. Then, in 1996, he joined the youth setup of Marsonia.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Mato Mandžukic
- Mother – Jelica Mandžukic
- Siblings – Ivana Mandžukic (Sister)
Mario Mandžukic is represented by Ivan Cvjetkovic.
17 – GNK Dinamo Zagreb, NK Zagreb, Juventus FC, Croatia National Team
18 – VfL Wolfsburg
9 – Atlético Madrid, Bayern Munich
6 ft 2¾ in or 190 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mario Mandžukic has dated –
- Ivana Mikulić (2013-Present) – In 2013, Mario started going out with Ivana Mikulić. He had met her while visiting his hometown. Ivana had also come home from Zagreb, where she was enrolled in a college, to visit her family in the nearby village. She is often seen cheering him during his matches for Juventus and Croatian national team.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Yugoslavian ancestry.
- Tall Height
- Prominent Nose
Mario Mandžukic has signed an endorsement deal with the sportswear brand, Nike. Due to the deal, he wears their cleats for his soccer matches. He also promotes their products such as Air Max shoes on the social media.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- His trophy-laden stint with Dinamo Zagreb. He managed to win 3 Croatian league titles as well as 3 Croatian Football Cups with the Zagreb based club.
- His stay with the Bavarian giants, Bayern Munich. He won 2 Bundesliga titles, 2 DFB-Pokal titles, FIFA Club World Cup, as well as UEFA Champions League with the club.
- Having played for Italian giant, Juventus FC. He managed to win 3 consecutive Serie A titles as well as 3 consecutive Coppa Italia cups with the Turin based club.
First Soccer Match
In 2004, he made his professional debut for the Croatian club, Marsonia.
In August 2012, he made his official debut for Bayern Munich in the German DFL Supercup match against Borussia Dortmund. He scored a goal in the 6th minute to help his side win the match.
In August 2015, he made his first official start for Juventus in their 1-0 defeat to Udinese.
In November 2007, he made his international debut for Croatia in a friendly match against Macedonia.
- Holdup Play
- Attacking Movement
- Aerial Threat
- Mental Strength
- Sometimes loses temper
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till now.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the soccer matches, Mario Mandžukic made his first TV show appearance in 2018 in the sports reality TV show, First Team: Juventus.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Mario Mandžukic Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Mario Mandžukic Facts
- When he was very young, his family moved to Germany as the Yugoslav Wars was causing mayhem in their native Yugoslavia.
- Later, his family moved back to Croatia after it had just gained independence. He started playing soccer for NK Marsonia.
- His strong performances for NK Zagreb under the guidance of Miroslav Blažević drew the attention from some of the largest European clubs including Chelsea and Manchester United.
- In 2007, the Croatian giants Dinamo Zagreb purchased him for €1.3 million as they sought to replace striker Eduardo, who had moved to Arsenal FC.
- In June 2012, he was purchased from Wolfsburg by Bayern Munich for €13 million. They were impressed by his performance for German club and at the UEFA Euro 2012 competition.
- In 2013 UEFA Champions League final, he scored his side’s first goal in their 2-1 victory over Borussia Dortmund. The goal made him the first Croatian player to score in the final.
- In June 2015, he moved to Juventus from Bayern Munich in a deal worth €19 million, which was payable in three installments. They also agreed further €2 million in add-ons.
- In June 2017, he scored a stunning goal for Juventus to brought his side level with Real Madrid. He had flicked the ball over the shoulder from the distance of around 15 yards to score one of the finest goals in the history of the competition.
- In May 2017, he agreed on a contract extension with Juventus management to extend his potential stay at the club to 2020.
- In the summer of 2018, he was linked with Manchester United as it was claimed that Jose Mourinho was looking for Romelu Lukaku‘s backup.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Mario Mandžukic / Instagram