Mary Kate Wiles
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
After completion of her high school education, Mary Kate Wiles got enrolled at the University of Southern California to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre and Bachelor of Arts in English Literature.
While studying at the USC, she studied abroad at the British American Drama Academy in London.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Marilyn Smith Wiles
- Siblings – She has two sisters and a younger brother.
Mary Kate Wiles is represented by Los Angeles based AKA Talent Agency.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mary Kate Wiles has dated
- Sean Persaud – She was often linked with actor Sean Persaud, with whom she often collaborates for her YouTube work. They were seen regularly hanging out plus their chemistry was sensational, which further fired up relationship rumors. Mary eventually decided to put all the speculation behind her and made their relationship public via her official social media account. Since then, her social media feed is littered with the pictures of them together and her loved-up tributes to her boyfriend.
Race / Ethnicity
- Reddish-brown hair
- Blue eyes
- Sharp and defined jawline
Mary Kate Wiles hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Lydia Bennet in the romantic drama web series, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, which is an adaptation of the iconic Jane Austen’s novel, Pride and Prejudice.
- Being cast in the role of Annabel Lee in 2016 in the YouTube series, Edgar Allan Poe’s Murder Mystery Dinner Party. She also worked as a producer on the project.
- Having played the lead role of Zelda in the comedy YouTube series, Squaresville.
In 2010, Mary made her theatrical film debut in an important role in the thriller movie, Forbidden Attraction, which was originally titled as Dark Woods.
First TV Show
In 2010, Mary Kate Wiles made her first TV show appearance in the comedy TV series, Looking for Grace.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Mary Kate Wiles Favorite Things
- Game of Thrones Character – Daenerys Targaryen
- Books – Lord of the Rings
- Dream Character – Frodo Baggins
Mary Kate Wiles Facts
- She has often revealed in her interviews that she was inspired to become an actress by Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.
- While studying at USC, she did a lot of stage work and in a space of 4 years, she performed in 8 big university productions.
- She was cast in the role of Sansa Stark in the YouTube parody School of Thrones, which took a humorous take on the iconic Game of Thrones TV series.
- Although she has played a lead role in a parody of the popular show, she still hasn’t read any book from the George R. R. Martin’s epic fantasy series from which the show was adopted.
- While studying at the University of Southern California, she was a member of the Alpha Delta Pi sorority.
- She was enrolled in dance classes from a very young age. She also used to perform in a choir.
- Mary decided that she wanted to pursue acting in the summer before her senior year in the high school.
- At the age of 18, Mary moved to Los Angeles so as to give herself a better shot at becoming an actress. Until then, she had lived in her hometown of Fayetteville.
- She had originally auditioned for the role of Lizzie in The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. But the show producers loved her portrayal of Lydia as a crazy party girl in the same audition.
- Apart from posting comedy and fashion related videos on her YouTube channel, she also regularly posts her music covers.
- She has used Patreon, a membership platform on which fans can pay artists and creators, to support her YouTube channel.
- She has created her collection of handmade candles under the label of Paper & Slate. Her candle collection leans heavily towards her love of literature.
- She gave a screen test for the role of Hazel in the romantic drama, The Fault in Our Stars. She gave her everything for the role but ended up losing to Shailene Woodley.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, and Tumblr.
Featured Image by Mary Kate Wiles / Instagram