|Mason Ramsey Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 2006|
Mason Ramsey is an American singer, songwriter, actor, and TV personality, best known for the video uploaded to the “ViralHog” YouTube channel titled Walmart Yodeling Boy on March 24, 2018. It featured him singing an old country song titled Lovesick Blues originally by Hank Williams Sr. in a Walmart store in Harrisburg, Illinois, United States. The video went viral on YouTube and quickly spread to Twitter and other social media, which not only led to remixes by other artists but also to Mason’s invitation to appear on the NBC’s Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show on April 10, 2018. Besides performing the song live, he also shared that his dream was to appear at the Grand Ole Opry stage, which Ellen arranged for him to happen 4 days later. Mason was also invited to perform at Coachella 2018 music festival on April 13, alongside DJ Whethan, where he also got the chance to meet Justin Bieber, who was discovered via YouTube as well. Not too long after, Mason got signed to Atlantic Records and Big Loud Records labels and released his debut single Famous on April 27, 2018, which debuted at number 62 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
His EP of the same name, which consisted of 6 tracks, debuted at number 7 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums chart after its release on July 20, 2018. Mason was also invited to perform at the 60th anniversary of the creation of the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and covered songs by singers, musicians, and bands such as The Jackson 5, Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Adele, Celine Dion, The Monkees, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Mariah Carey, and Billy Joel. On June 14, 2019, Mason released his single Twang, and on July 26, 2019, his 2nd EP was released and consisted of 5 tracks. He was also a featured artist on the single Old Town Road by Lil Nas X, Billy Ray Cyrus, and Young Thug in July 2019, which quickly peaked at the 1st spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and remained there for more than 16 weeks. Mason has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 700k subscribers on YouTube, and more than 400k followers on Twitter.
Lil Hank Williams
Golconda, Illinois, United States
Golconda, Illinois, United States
In fall 2018, Mason was homeschooled by his uncle and aunt while going on tours.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, TV Personality
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
- Others – Ernest M. Ramsey (Paternal Grandfather) (General Contractor, Handyman), Frances Ramsey (Paternal Grandmother) (Sheriff’s Office Employee)
Mason Ramsey is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (Talent Agent) in the United States
- Frances Ramsey / Mason Ramsey Management (Manager) in Golconda, Illinois, United States
- Sweet Talk Publicity (Publicist) in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Atlantic Records
- Big Loud Records
4 ft 10 in or 147.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mason Ramsey hasn’t dated anyone yet.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Fringe haircut
- Scar on the forehead
- Signature cowboy hat and bowtie
He has supported CMA Foundation in June 2019, an effort to bring equal, high-quality music education to children worldwide.
Best Known For
- The video recording of his performance of the song Lovesick Blues by Hank Williams Sr.’s in the Walmart store in March 2018, which went viral on social media
- His hit single Famous (2018)
- Releasing 2 EP albums, Famous (2018) and Twang (2019)
- His social media fanbase with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 700k subscribers on YouTube, and more than 400k followers on Twitter
As a Singer
At the age of 11, Mason was recorded singing Hank Williams Sr.’s Lovesick Blues song in a Walmart store in Harrisburg, Illinois, the United States, which went viral on social media. Due to the attention that he attracted, Mason was signed to Atlantic Records and Big Loud Records in April 2018 and released his debut single Famous on April 27, 2018. The single debuted at the 62nd spot on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, and on the 4th spot on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs. The single preceded his debut EP, also titled Famous, which consisted of 5 more tracks – Lovesick Blues, Jambalaya (On the Bayou), Yo da Lady Who, I Saw the Light, and The Way I See It.
In 2018, Mason also recorded a cover of the well-known holiday song White Christmas. On July 26, 2019, he released his 2nd EP, titled Twang, which consisted of tracks such as Twang, Puddle of Love, On My Way, Before I Knew It, and How Could I Not. Mason was also a featured artist on the song Old Town Road by Lil Nas X, Young Thug, and Billy Ray Cyrus, which remained on number 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart for more than 16 weeks.
First TV Show
Mason Ramsey made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in an episode titled Eva Longoria/Colin Hanks of the comedy, talk-show series Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show in April 2018.
Mason Ramsey Favorite Things
- Hobby – Horse Riding
- Video Game – NBA 2K18
- Personal Quote – “I’m a person that believes in miracles, faith, and wisdom. I believe that someday I could be a big superstar.”
Mason Ramsey Facts
- He began living with his paternal grandparents when he was only 3 weeks old and grew up listening to country music.
- His favorite singer was always Hank Williams Sr. which is where his nickname Lil Hank Williams comes from.
- The 1st song by Hank that he tried to sing was Long Gone Lonesome Blues.
- Mason sang for Josh Turner at the age of 4, opened for singer Gene Watson when he was a bit older than 5, and started taking guitar lessons at the age of 6.
- When he was 7 years old, he sang in a Christmas TV show alongside the well-known country singer Kenny Rogers.
- Mason played basketball for the Pope County Pirates club in the 5th grade.
- Before his performance went viral, he was already a well-known kid singer. In 2015, he won the 27th Annual Kentucky Opry Talent Search (Beginner Division) by performing the song Your Cheatin’ Heart by Hank Williams Sr.
- He sang in the Walmart store prior to March 2018. He covered the song Hey Good Lookin’ by Williams Sr. while sitting in a Walmart shopping cart in January 2017.
- When his music managers Danny Kang and Dan Ward saw his viral video for the 1st time, they said: “This is like the next Johnny Cash!”
- Mason has appeared as a guest or music performer in a number of talk-shows following his viral video in 2018. Some of those were The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Sunday Today with Willie Geist, Good Morning America, and Today.
- During his appearance on Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show in 2018, Walmart awarded Mason with a $15k college scholarship.
- He prefers video games over speaking with adults.
- His signature show business move is to do a 360-degree spin and then shoot at his fans while winking. Mason was actually inspired by Steph Curry‘s 360-degree spin and combined it with Shaquille O’Neal‘s finger-pointing gesture.
- He was the youngest singer on the Billboard‘s “21 Under 21” list in 2018.
- Mason met the members of the Florida Georgia Line band at the Stagecoach festival in 2018.
- He was praised by a country music star, Brenda Lee, in August 2018. She also became a child star at the age of 11, in 1956, by singing one of Hank Williams Sr.’s songs, titled Jambalaya.
- In October 2018, artists Lil Yachty, DJ Suede, and The Backpack Kid came to support him at an event in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
- Mason wanted to sing with Shawn Mendes and managed to do so in November 2018, after they performed Shawn’s song There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back together. Following that performance, he expressed his wish to meet Blake Shelton.
- Following the release of his 2nd EP in July 2019, Mason announced a 30-date fall tour across the United States.
- Visit his official website @ masonramseyofficial.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Apple Music, Last.fm, and Spotify.
Featured Image by Mason Ramsey / Instagram