|Neha Marda Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1985|
Neha Marda is an Indian actress, dancer, entrepreneur who is best known for her important portrayal of the character Urmi in Zee TV’s Doli Armaano Ki (2013-2015). She had been nominated for 4 Zee Rishtey Award in 2014. Apart from that, Neha has also made many more notable appearances in shows like Balika Vadhu (2008-2012), Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev (2013), Piyaa Albela (2018), and Laal Ishq (2018). Neha was also highlighted in the film Kismat Konnection in 2008, alongside veteran actors Shahid Kapoor and Vidya Balan. Along the way, Neha has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 250k followers on Instagram.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
The details of Neha’s educational qualifications are unknown.
Actress, Dancer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a sister.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Neha has dated –
- Ayushman Agrawal (2012-Present) – Neha married Patna-based businessman Ayushman Agarwal on February 10, 2012. The couple’s wedding was arranged and the day they met for the first time was when the two were love struck that very instant. At one point in their relationship, the couple had been going through a long distance married life because Neha would have to film in Mumbai. The duo would often travel back and forth to be with one another for a short while.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Marawadi heritage.
- Almond shaped eyes
- Wide smile
- Thick eyebrows
She has appeared in commercials for many brands like –
- Asian TV Games
- Mohit Rattan Shudh Desi Ghee
Through her social media, Neha has either promoted or endorsed several brands such as –
- Aradhya and Adhya Institute of Fashion Designing
- Godrej Cinthol
- Power Gummies
Best Known For
- Being cast as Urmi in Doli Armaano Ki from 2013 to 2015
- Starring in several other shows such as Saath Rahega Always (2005), Jo Ishq Ki Marzi Woh Rab Ki Marzi (2009), Balika Vadhu (2008-2012), Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev (2013), Piyaa Albela (2018), and Laal Ishq (2018)
- Her appearance in the 2008 film Kismat Konnection
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Pihu Bhargav in Saath Rahega Always in 2005.
To keep herself fit, Neha practices the art of yoga for at least 1 hour every day. Apart from that, she also follows a healthy diet even though she is an absolute foodie.
Neha Marda Favorite Things
- Judge On Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa – Season 8 (2015) – Shahid Kapoor
- Songs That Madhuri Dixit Danced To – Dola Re Dola (2002) by Shreya Ghoshal, Krishnakumar Kunnath, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Ek Do Teen (2018) by Shreya Ghoshal, Parry G, Aaja Nachle (2007) by Sunidhi Chauhan, Maar Dala (2002) by Kavita Krishnamurthy
- Choreographers – Saroj Khan, Vaibhavi Merchant
Source – CineSpeaks.com
Neha Marda Facts
- She was raised in Kolkata and later, moved to Mumbai to pursue her career in acting.
- Neha never dreamt about getting into the profession of acting. However, she was discovered through the dance shows that she appeared on.
- It had been a lifelong dream for Neha to compete on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8. She had entered as a wild card entry. However, she was eliminated during the 11th week of the show. Neha also took part in many other talent search show like Boogie Woogie and Kaboom in the past.
- Neha was selected to be an honorable guest for Aradhya and Adhya Institute of Fashion Designing‘s Aulva Fashion Runway ceremony in April 2019.
- In April 2019, she was one of the judges at the fbbonline and ColorsTV “Femina Miss India 2019” audition in Bihar.
- She is a trained dancer in styles of Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Jazz, and Salsa. She appeared on the dance show Boogie Woogie thrice when she was 11 years old and then appeared when she 17 and then 19 years old. Thereafter, at the age of 21, she was also chosen to be a judge for the show.
- Neha is a huge fan of actress, dancer, and choreographer Madhuri Dixit. She also finds her inspiration from Madhuri as well as actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and aspiring star Alia Bhatt.
- In 2015, Neha called it quits on the show Doli Armaano Ki after she was asked to play the role of a mother to actor Mohit Malik. According to sources, she had wanted to quit 3 months prior to that, as she was working throughout the month and could not find time to spend with her family.
- She loves to spend her time doing acting, dancing and traveling.
- Neha had never auditioned prior to being cast as the lead actress Pihu in Saath Rahega Always in 2005.
- She is a strong believer in god.
- Neha enjoyed playing two roles, the first being Gehna Basant Singh in Balika Vadhu from 2008 to 2012 and the second was Urmi in Doli Armaano Ki from 2013 to 2015.
- In the past, Neha had gone on a break for 2 years in order to be able to spend time with her husband, family, and get some rest.
- Neha loves sedan cars and was gifted cars like BMW, Jaguar, and Audi on various occasions in the past.
- In February 2014, Neha had met with an accident while driving to the set of Doli Armaanon Ki. She was immediately rushed to hospital where she was checked for internal injuries. However, it was declared that she had only suffered from minor scratches and Neha went right back to shooting.
- On July 1, 2018, she started her very own dance academy titled the Royal Opera House Academy in Patna.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image By Neha Marda / Instagram