|Nico Santos Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 7, 1993|
Nico Santos is a German-Spanish singer, songwriter, and music producer who is best known for the release of his album Streets of Gold that peaked at #25 on the GfK Entertainment Chart. He is also noted for the release of several singles like Rooftop (2018) and Safe (2018). Besides releasing a number of hit tracks, Nico has also been accredited for his work with several artists such as Mark Forster, Shindy, Bushido, as well as singer and TV presenter Helene Fischer. He has also won numerous awards including the Galaxy Music Award in 2018. He also has a fan base with more than 150k followers on Instagram.
Nico completed his elementary from a village school situated in Es Capdellà, Mallorca. At the age of 12, he started studying at the IES Bendinat middle school in Spain. Later, he went on to attain a degree in Master of Engineer in Cologne, Germany.
Singer, Songwriter, Music Producer
- Father – Egon Wellenbrink (Commercial Director and Music Producer )
- Mother – Lisa Wellenbrink
- Siblings – Clarissa Wellenbrink (Younger Sister) (Picture Model)
- Others – Susanna Wellenbrink (Older Step Sister) (Actress)
Universal Music Group
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nico prefers to keep his dating life out of the spotlight.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German ancestry on his father’s side.
- Thick eyebrows
- Has a thin mustache and goatee
Nico appeared in a commercial for C&A in 2007 and for the second time in 2008.
Best Known For
- Releasing the album Streets of Gold that peaked at #25 on the GfK Entertainment Chart and at #29 on the Swiss Hitparade chart
- Starring as Tiger Rat in the show Rote Rosen (Red Roses) in 2015
- Releasing several hit singles such as Rooftop (2017) and Safe (2018)
- Working with hit music artists like Mark Forster, Shindy, Bushido, Helene Fischer, DJ Antoine, and B-Case
Nico released his debut album titled Streets of Gold on October 12, 2018. It was released in 2 version one that contained 14 songs and 4 acoustic singles.
The second was titled Streets of Gold (Unforgettable Edition). It contained a total of 17 tracks including 3 additional tracks titled Unforgettable, Dance like You’re Holding Me, and Welcome Home.
First TV Show
Nico made his debut TV show appearance as Tiger Rat in Rote Rosen (Red Roses) in 2015.
Judging by the pictures that he uploads to his Instagram, he does seem to keep himself in good shape. On the contrary, he also enjoys dancing which is a quick and fun way to burn off the extra pounds.
Nico Santos Facts
- His parents migrated to Mallorca, Spain when he was just 2 years old. They shifted from Germany to avoid the showbiz glare that his father Egon had attained as a reputed director and producer.
- He was born to Lisa who is his father’s second wife.
- He is multilingual and speaks German, Spanish, and Catalan.
- Nico started to take an interest in music after his parents had given him a videotape of the late pop legend Michael Jackson for his 4th birthday. Thereafter, he began singing to his songs. At the age of 12, he wrote his debut original song and started recording his music at a studio that was owned by his father.
- He was 4 years old when he began performing as a musician.
- Nico often tries to finds his next big hit while playing the piano. He started learning to play it when he was 6 years old.
- Besides his amazing vocal ability, he is also a great dancer.
- He acclaims his parents and singer-songwriter Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, Stevie Wonder, and Justin Timberlake to be his influences.
- In the past, he worked as a bartender and waiter.
- If Nico could have a superpower, he would want it to be the ability to teleport.
- He is a huge fan of English singer and songwriter Ed Sheeran.
- His parents Egon and Lisa both performed in bands of their own.
- In 2012, Nico and American rapper KY collaborated with one another which was the start of KY & Nico but a year later, the two decided to put an end to the group and focus on their individual careers.
- Nico has worked with several music artists such as DJ Antoine, B-Case, Djorkaeff, Beatzarre, and Mr.Da-Nos.
- Music artists Chris Cronauer and Michelle Leonard supported him with songwriting.
- He released his debut single title Goodbye To Love on April 7, 2017.
- His single ‘Rooftop’ skyrocketed to #2nd place on the Ö3 Austria Top 40 chart, and #5th place on the GfK Entertainment Charts and the Swiss Hitparade chart.
- Nico was awarded the Galaxy Music Award in July 2018.
- In 2018, he traveled to London to record a duet version of his hit single Rooftop (2018) with British singer Samantha Harvey.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Nico Santos / Instagram