|Nyck de Vries Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 6, 1995|
Nyck de Vries is a Dutch professional racing driver who won the FIA Formula 2 World Championship in 2019 and began competing in the Formula E championship from the 2019-20 season. Before joining Formula E, he had excelled in several intermediate tiers winning the 2014 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 championship and the 2014 Formula Renault 2.0 Alps series. He had also stood 3rd in the 2015 Formula Renault 3.5 Series. Nyck was a part of the renowned McLaren Young Driver Programme from 2010 to 2019 and the Audi Sport Racing Academy from 2016 to August 2019.
Nyck de Vries
Sneek, Friesland, Netherlands
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Hendrik Jan de Vries (Car Dealership Owner)
- Siblings – Seychelle de Vries (Younger Sister)
17 – Formula E
Formula One Teams
Nyck has raced for –
- Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team (2019–20 to Present)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nyck has dated –
- Eva Bruggenwirth (2018-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Dutch descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
Nyck de Vries Favorite Things
- Sports – Motorsport Racing, Tennis, Golf
- Adventure Sport – Skiing
Source – PremaPowerTeam.com
Nyck de Vries Facts
- Nyck’s love for racing started at the age of 4 when his parents presented him with a baby kart. As he developed his skills, he began practicing on a track near his father’s car dealership with old tires. He later received training on outdoor circuits near Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
- He won the WSK World Series in the KF3 category in 2008 along with the German Junior Championship. The following year, he managed to successfully defend both of those titles and also added the European KF3 Championship to his overflowing trophy cabinet.
- His dominance over the karting realm grew further when he won the Karting World Championship in both 2010 and 2011. He was honored with the ‘WSK Driver of the Year’ award in 2011.
- In 2012, he had appeared as ‘himself’ in 2 episodes of the inaugural season of McLaren‘s animated series named Tooned. The episodes, as short as 3 minutes, were aired before the start of every Formula One race.
- His dominance of the FIA Formula 2 World Championship in 2019 was such that he won the title by a margin of 52 points despite finishing in 13th place in both of the last 2 races of the season.
Featured Image by Nyck de Vries / Instagram