|Oliver Reed Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 13, 1938|
Oliver Reed was an English actor who left a mark at the world with his fine acting skills as well as his upper-middle-class, macho image. During the course of his career, he played a variety of roles in several movies such as Call Me Genius, The Pirates of Blood River, The Curse of the Werewolf, Gladiator, The Incredible Adventures of Marco Polo on His Journeys to the Ends of the Earth, Russian Roulette – Moscow 95, Luise knackt den Jackpot, The Return of the Musketeers, Panama Sugar, Prisoner of Honor, and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.
Robert Oliver Reed
Mr. England, Ollie
He was born on February 13, 1938.
Oliver Reed passed away at the age of 61 on May 2, 1999, from a heart attack in Valletta, Malta.
Churchtown, County Cork, Ireland
Wimbledon, London, England, United Kingdom
Oliver Reed studied at several schools including Ewell Castle School located in Ewell, Epsom, Surrey, England.
- Father – Peter Reed (Sports Journalist)
- Mother – Marcia (née Napier-Andrews)
- Siblings – David Reed (Brother)
- Others – Simon Reed (Half-Brother) (Sports Journalist for British Eurosport), Sir Herbert Beerbohm Tree (Paternal Grandfather) (Actor, Theatre Manager), Julius Ewald Edward Beerbohm (Paternal Great Grandfather) (Corn Merchant), Constantia Draper (Paternal Great Grandmother), May /Mae /Beatrice Pinney Reed (Paternal Grandmother), Lancelot Napier Andrews (Maternal Grandfather), Tracy Reed (Cousin) (Actress), David Tree (Cousin) (Actor)
Oliver Reed was managed by his brother, David Reed.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Oliver Reed had dated –
- Carol White
- Carol Lynley
- Kate Byrne (1959-1969) – The duo got married in 1959 and was blessed with a son named Mark Thurloe Reed who was born on January 21, 1961. However, they divorced after being together for many years in 1969.
- Jackie Daryl (1969) – They had a daughter named Sarah Reed who was born in the year 1970.
- Josephine Burge (1985-1999)
Race / Ethnicity
Oliver Reed was of English, German, Lithuanian, and Dutch descent.
- Usually sported a handlebar mustache
- Sparkling eyes
Oliver Reed Favorite Things
- American Actors – Lee Marvin, Rock Hudson, Rod Steiger
- Book – “The House on Pooh Corner” by A.A. Milne
Source – IMDb
Oliver Reed Facts
- He made his first credited theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Mick in the black-and-white drama film, The Angry Silence, in the year 1960.
- In 1969, Oliver Reed starred as Gerald Crich in the romantic drama film, Women in Love, alongside actors Alan Bates, Glenda Jackson, Jennie Linden, and Eleanor Bron. For this role, he was awarded the International Star of the Year Award by Interstate Theatres in 1969.
- He had also served as a narrator for Monitor as well as Orpheus & Eurydice.
- He was a huge admirer of the Australian-born American actor, Errol Flynn.
- Oliver Reed struggled with dyslexia.
- He did not get along with the popular American actor and filmmaker, Jack Nicholson, at all and called him “a balding midget”.
Featured Image by Jack de Nijs / Anefo / Dutch National Archives / Public Domain