|Olivia Colman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 30, 1974|
Olivia Colman is a talented Golden Globe and BAFTA award-winning English actress. She is known for her roles in Peep Show, Green Wing, Look Around You, That Mitchell and Webb Look, The Time of Your Life, Beautiful People, Rev, Tyrannosaur, The Iron Lady, Hyde Park on Hudson, Twenty Twelve, Broadchurch, The Night Manager, Murder on the Orient Express, and The Favourite. She loves gin, her favorite book is Audrey Niffenegger’s “The Time Traveller’s Wife”, and she studied drama at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School in England.
Sarah Caroline Olivia Colman
Norwich, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Olivia Colman studied at Norwich High School for Girls in Norwich and Gresham’s School in Holt. Then, she attended Homerton College in Cambridge, where she did a term in primary teaching. However, she moved to the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, England to study drama and graduated in 1999.
- Father – Keith Colman (Chartered Surveyor)
- Mother – Mary Colman (Nurse)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Alexander Graham Leakey (Maternal Grandfather), Patricia Wiggins (Maternal Grandmother), John Bristow (Maternal Great Grandfather) (Merchant & Politician), Percy Colman (Paternal Grandfather), Caroline Colman (Paternal Grandmother)
Olivia Colman is managed by United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, United Kingdom.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Olivia Colman has dated –
- Ed Sinclair – She met actor and writer, Ed Sinclair, while studying at Cambridge University. It was love at first sight for her. They tied the knot in 2001 and are blessed with 3 children – two sons, Hal Joseph Sinclair (born August 2005) and Finn Sinclair (born August 2007), and a daughter (born August 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White & Asian)
She has English, Welsh, 1/64th Indian, distant Scottish, and French roots.
- Prominent cheeks
- Dimpled smile
Olivia Colman has done endorsement work for brands like –
- The National Lottery
- AA Car Insurance
- AA Car Loans
- Danone Actimel
Best Known For
- Her performances in numerous TV series and films including Peep Show (from 2003–2015), Green Wing (from 2004–2006), Look Around You (in 2005), That Mitchell and Webb Look (from 2006–2008), The Time of Your Life (in 2007), Beautiful People (from 2008–2009), Rev (from 2010–2014), Tyrannosaur (2011), The Iron Lady (2011), Hyde Park on Hudson (2012), Twenty Twelve (2011–2012), Cuban Fury (2014), The Lobster (2015), Broadchurch (from 2013–2017), Murder on the Orient Express (2017), and The Favourite (2018)
- Winning several awards including BAFTA TV Awards for “Best Female Comedy Performance” (2013) for Twenty Twelve (2011–2012), and “Best Supporting Actress” (2013) for Accused (2012), and “Best Actress” (2014) for Broadchurch (2013-2017) and Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film” (2017) for The Night Manager (2016)
In 2005, she made her feature film debut in the comedy film, Zemanovaload, as a TV Producer.
In 2004, she made her debut as a voice actress in the English version of the animated film, Terkel in Trouble, as Terkel’s Mum.
First TV Show
In 2000, she made her first TV show appearance in the comedy series, Bruiser.
In 2012, she did a narration in the TV series documentary, The Hoarder Next Door.
Olivia Colman has worked with trainer Chris Richards at the Ultimate Performance fitness center in London. Olivia’s aim was to get her fitness back before she turned 40. It was not easy for her but Chris chucked out a perfect workout plan for her which eventually paid off.
Olivia Colman Favorite Things
- Smell – First smell of spring and her children’s faces
- Book – “The Time Traveller’s Wife” by Audrey Niffenegger
- Drink – Gin with tonic and elderflower cordial
Source – The Guardian
Olivia Colman Facts
- At 16, she gave her first performance in a school production of The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie as Jean Brodie.
- She was pregnant with her 3rd child when she convinced director Susanne Bier to hire her for the role of Angela Burr on The Night Manager (2016).
- She returned to film the final series of Broadchurch (2013) just 9 months after giving birth to her daughter.
- She considers working on the film, Confetti (2006), as her greatest mistake and the worst acting experience.
- Her happiest moment was when she and her husband first expressed their love for each other in their student flat in Cambridge.
- Her earliest memory is of her mother holding her when she was a baby.
- The trait she most deplores in herself is her shouting when she gets angry.
- The trait she most deplores in others is impoliteness and unkindness.
- She most dislikes her eye-bags.
- Her fancy dress costume of choice would be the costume of Batman.
- She would want Phoebe Waller to play her in the film of her life.
- Her most overused word is “Um”.
- Her guiltiest pleasure is boozing.
- According to her, love feels like a raincoat or a jacket potato because it means being utterly supportive and comfortable.
- Her biggest disappointment in life is that when she was a child, she thought that her fears and worries would disappear after she grew up.
- The thing that keeps her awake at night is the worry that she would not be going to work the next day.
- She would like the song “Summer Breeze” by The Isley Brothers to be played at her funeral.
- She would like to be remembered as a good egg.
- The most important lesson that life has taught her is to not take anything for granted.
- She is a patron of the UK charity, Tender, that aims to prevent domestic violence.
- She is involved in many charity organizations including Alzheimer’s Society’s Holkham Hall Memory Walk, Marie Curie Daffodil Day, and Anthony Nolan.
- Olivia has also performed in several theaters like London including Olivier Theatre, Noël Coward Theatre, and the Royal National Theatre.
- Olivia Colman is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Ibsan73 / Flickr / CC BY 2.0