|Paoli Dam Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1980|
Paoli Dam is an Indian actress. She is best known for playing the role of Madhabilata in the Bengali film Kaalbela, portraying Paoli in the Bengali erotic drama Chatrak in 2011, and making her Bollywood debut in the film Hate Story as Kavyah Krishnan in 2012. Some of her other works include Mallick Bari, Shob Charitro Kalponik, Someday Somewhere… Jete Pari Chole, Ankur Arora Murder Case, Natoker Moto – Like a Play, Yaara Silly Silly, Thana Theke Aschi, Aamar Pratigya, Hochchheta ki, I Love You, and many more. The actress has managed to make a strong fan base on social media as well with more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
She divides her time between Mumbai and Bengal.
Paoli completed her secondary schooling from Loreto School in Bowbazar. Later, she went to Vidyasagar College, graduating with a degree in chemistry. After that, she earned her postgraduate degree in chemistry from Rajabazar Science College of the University of Calcutta.
- Father – Amol Dam
- Mother – Papiya Dam
- Siblings – Mainak Dam (Brother)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Paoli has dated –
- Arjun Deb (2014-Present) – Paoli first met Arjun, a restaurateur from Guwahati, in 2014 during the release of her film Parapaar through mutual friends. The couple tied the knot on December 4, 2017, in a ceremony held in Kolkata, India.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Bengali descent.
- Mesmerizing eyes
- Arc shaped eyebrows
Best Known For
Being a popular Indian actress and playing the role of Madhabilata in the Bengali film Kaalbela, portraying Paoli in the Bengali erotic drama Chatrak in 2011, and making her Bollywood debut in the film Hate Story as Kavyah Krishnan in 2012
Paoli Dam made her theatrical film debut in the Bengali film Agnipariksha in 2006. In the film, she played the role of Pooja.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on the show Jibon Niye Khela in 1999.
As per an interview with The Times of India, Paoli revealed that she is addicted to working out in the morning and that no matter how busy her day was, she took time out to workout 5-6 days a week. As her workout regimen changed with every film, she mainly did core and flexibility exercises such as crunches and push-ups. She also included bodyweight training to her regime but not heavyweights. Apart from that, she also revealed TRX suspension training as one of her favorite techniques. She also enjoys swiss ball training and hot yoga. On Sundays, she liked to take a break from training and usually danced to her favorite songs to stay active.
Paoli also tried to maintain a healthy diet plan and ate almost everything but in moderate portions. She said that her diet was a proper mix of carbs, protein, fat, and nutrition. Her morning started with a cup of green tea or black coffee followed by breakfast that included egg whites, multi-grain bread, fruits or dalia cooked with veggies. Her lunch included a small portion of brown rice, vegetables, and fish cooked in olive oil. Sometimes for a change, she had chicken soup with one roti. In the evening, she generally was having sprouts and nuts or puffed rice mixed with nuts and slices of cucumber, tomatoes, and chilly. She tried to have her dinner latest by 7:00 pm, and it included only fish/chicken with vegetables. Sometimes, she also liked to have momos prepared by her mother.
Paoli Dam Favorite Things
- Food – Fish
Source – Times Of India
Paoli Dam Facts
- As a child, Paoli aspired to become a chemical researcher or a pilot and was a really bright student.
- When she was younger, Paoli learned classical dance and also took a keen interest in theatre although she never really wanted to become an actor.
- As an actress, she got her first break in 2003 in the Bengali television serial Jibon Niye Khela that aired on the local channel Zee Bangla. In an interview, she said that she considered her acting career in Bengali television serials as a contributing factor for grooming her film career.
- Although the first film that she signed was the Bengali film Teen Yaari Katha in 2004, her first film release was Agnipariksha in 2006 as the former did not release until 2012.
- Her first big break came along 2009 with the film Kaalbela directed by Goutam Ghose, for which she got positive reviews. In an interview, she said that she considers the film as a turning point in her acting career.
- The actress got international recognition when her film Chatrak got a chance to be showcased at the Cannes film festival and also at film festivals in Toronto and the U.K.
- In 2011, her film Chatrak faced controversy in India when an obvious unsimulated no-body-double adult scene involving Paoli and actor Anubrata Basu surfaced on the internet.
- In 2012, her first Bollywood break came with the Indian Hindi-language erotic thriller film Hate Story in which she played the role of Kavyah Krishna, a s*x worker. Her acting got many positive reviews. She, however, was replaced in the sequel of Hate Story by Surveen Chawla as she refused the role due to the fear of being typecast.
- Apart from her acting, she also performed in an item number in comedy horror film Gangs Of Ghosts in 2014.
- She is a foodie and likes to eat everything.
- Visit her official website @ paolidamofficial.com.
- Follow Paoli Dam on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0