|Pattie Mallette Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1975|
Pattie Mallette is a Canadian author and film producer. She is best known as the mother of famous pop icon Justin Beiber. Her first book, which was her autobiography, titled Nowhere but Up published in September 2012 and the book made it to number 17 on the New York Times “Best Seller” list during its first week. She has amassed more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Patricia Elizabeth Mallette
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
Her educational qualifications are unknown.
Author, Film Producer
- Father – Michael Mallette
- Mother – Diane M. (Henry)
- Siblings – Chris Mallette (Older Brother)
4 ft 8 in or 142 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pattie has dated –
- Jeremy Bieber – Pattie started dating Jeremy Bieber when she was 15 years old. The couple remained strong for almost 4 years before calling it quits. She rekindled her romance with Jeremy after coming out of the mental hospital and 6 months later she became pregnant with Justin Beiber. She gave birth to Justin on March 1, 1994, in London, Ontario. The couple initially maintained a relationship after the birth of their son but later they broke up.
Race / Ethnicity
She has French-Canadian, Irish, English, remote Swiss-French and Scottish, and roughly 1/1024 First Nations roots.
- Dimpled Smile
- Protruding cheekbones
Pattie has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
Being the mother of pop sensation Justin Beiber
Pattie made her theatrical film debut in Justin Bieber: Never Say Never as herself in 2011.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on Today Show in 2012.
Pattie Mallette Facts
- Pattie’s older sister died at the age of 5 as she was struck by a vehicle while crossing the road.
- She had an interest in acting and singing since her childhood and at age of 9, she appeared in a few local television programs such as Romper Room, Big Top Talent, and 2 theatrical productions in the Stratford Shakespeare Festival the next year.
- After taking every drama and choir class that came her way in middle and high school along with more than 7 years of dancing experience, she signed up with a Toronto-based talent agent. However, her parents could not fulfill the commitment of making her travel for 1 and a half hours every weekend for the auditions and Pattie was left heartbroken.
- She has revealed that she had suffered physical violence and s*xual abuse during her childhood. The first molestation that she suffered was at around age 3 and continued till she was 14.
- Her molesters involved people like a male babysitter, the grandfather of one of her friends, and neighborhood kids whom she described as “matured beyond their years”.
- At the age of 15, she encountered an incident of date rape.
- She also revealed that she started using alcohol, marijuana, and LSD at the age of 14. She also began shoplifting and at one instance, she even vandalized school property by starting a fire in a bathroom after which she was suspended from school
- At the age of 16, she left home and started supporting herself through petty theft and drug dealing also while suffering from phases of loneliness, depression, and suicidal ideation which led her to attempt suicide by throwing herself in front of a truck at the age of 17.
- After her attempt to suicide, she spent a short period in a mental ward where she started following Christianity.
- She became a mother at the age of 18.
- It was Pattie who discovered the talents of her famous pop star son Justin Beiber when he was just 2 years old.
- Her autobiography Nowhere but Up came out in September 2012 and had an insight into her troubled upbringing and the personal transformation of her faith. It peaked at No. 17 on the New York Times “Best Seller” list.
- Follow Pattie Mallette on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Pattie Mallette / Instagram