|Paul Reiser Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 30, 1956|
Paul Reiser has been known in Hollywood as an actor, comedian, writer, and musician for several decades. He attained worldwide fame by playing Paul Buchman in the sitcom Mad About You. He has also established himself as a stand-up comedian and has entertained generations of fans with his brand of comedy and thus standing the test of time.
New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Paul studied at a Jewish day school East Side Hebrew Institute in Manhattan. He completed his high school education at Stuyvesant High School.
He later attended Binghamton University and received his bachelor’s degree in music (piano, composition).
Comedian, Actor, Television Writer, Musician
- Father – Samuel H. Reiser (Wholesale Health Food Distributor)
- Mother – Helen Reiser (née Hollinger) (Homemaker) (Died in 2012)
- Siblings – He has 3 sisters.
- Others – Will Reiser (Younger Cousin Brother) (Screenwriter and Producer), Richard Epstein (Older Cousin Brother) (Legal Scholar and Professor at New York University), Morris Hollinger (Maternal Grandfather), Caroline Bercowitz (Maternal Grandmother)
Paul is represented by Rebecca Shapiro and Nina Lee of Shore Fire Media.
Muttley Bosco Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paul Reiser has dated –
- Paula Ravets (1987-Present) – Paul began dating actress Paula Ravets in 1987. They got married on August 21, 1988. Together, they are parents to two boys – Ezra Samuel Reiser (b. September 15, 1995) and Leon Reiser (b. 2000).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on both his parents’ side.
Due to his advancing age, his hair has turned more black and white.
Paul has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- IBM Computers
- TV Land’s Family Table
Best Known For
Playing memorable roles like Carter Burke in the film Aliens (1986), Michael Taylor in the sitcom My Two Dads, Paul Buchman in the sitcom Mad About You, Doug Getty in the Amazon TV series Red Oaks, and Dr. Sam Owens in the series Stranger Things
In 2010, Paul released his first album titled Unusual Suspects in collaboration with Julia Fordham.
He made his theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama film Diner as Modell in 1982.
First TV Show
In 1982, Paul made his first TV show appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.
Paul Reiser Favorite Things
- Restaurant In L.A. – Bestia
Source – CapitalGazette.com
Paul Reiser Facts
- He was included in the 77th spot in a list of ‘100 Greatest Stand-ups of All Time’ by Comedy Central in 2004.
- While studying in college, he used to perform stand-up comedy at New York clubs during summer breaks and from thereon, he found his calling as a comedian.
- He named his production company Nuance Productions as an homage to his first film Diner in which his character had a discomfort with the word ‘Nuance’.
- Paul put his musical skills to good use when he co-composed the theme song for his show Mad About You titled ‘The Final Frontier’ with Don Was. He even played the piano for the theme’s recording.
- He has written 3 books – Couplehood (1994), Babyhood (1997), and Familyhood (2011) documenting his personal experiences at these 3 different stages in his life.
- Visit his official website @ paulreiser.com.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Thomas Atilla Lewis / Flickr / CC BY-2.0