|Paul Sinha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 1970|
Paul Sinha is a British comedian, broadcaster, and quiz player and has appeared in shows like University Challenge: The Professionals, Are You an Egghead?, Mastermind and Brain of Britain. He is best known for appearing in the popular British television quiz show broadcast, The Chase on ITV, as the chaser. He is also recognized as the world’s only gay Anglo-Bengali GP who turned to stand up comedy.
Supriya Kumar Sinha
Luton, Bedfordshire, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Paul attended Dulwich College. He later went on to attend St George’s Hospital Medical School.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Paul is represented by ITV Studios.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Paul has dated –
- Oliver – In January 2019, Paul broke the news of the engagement to his longtime partner. There is not much known about his boyfriend but in an interview, he mentioned that the name of his partner is Oliver.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Bengali ancestry.
Paul was born to Hindu parents.
However, his own religious views are unknown.
Best Known For
Appearing in the popular British television quiz show broadcast, The Chase on ITV, as the chaser
First TV Show
Paul made his first TV show appearance in Never Mind the Full Stops as ‘Himself’ in 2007.
As per a tweet in December 2018, Paul mentioned that he was seeing a personal trainer at that time.
As far as his diet was concerned, he mentioned that he was following a dieting routine with reduced carbs.
Paul Sinha Favorite Things
- Sports – Football, Cricket
- Football Club – Liverpool F.C.
Source – Wikipedia
Paul Sinha Facts
- He worked as a junior doctor in the hospitals in London and King’s Lynn and it was then that he started stand-up comedy.
- He is known for the use of the heavy pun in his early days in stand-up.
- Paul participated in the long-running annual national competition for comedy and variety acts, Hackney Empire New Act of the Year and was placed third that year.
- Paul is recognized as the ‘world’s only gay Anglo-Bengali GP turned stand-up comedian’.
- He has performed on several BBC Radio 4 shows including The News Quiz, The Now Show, Loose Ends, 28 Acts in 28 Minutes, Shappi Talk and Just a Minute.
- He has also been a part of several Edinburgh Festival Fringe shows such as Saint or Sinha? (2006), 39 Years of Solitude (2009), Looking at the Stars (2011) and many more.
- Paul got a chance to present his own Radio 4 program titled Paul Sinha’s Quiz Culture, in March 2011 where he discussed the world of competitive quizzing.
- Some of his famous quiz show appearances include University Challenge: The Professionals, Are You an Egghead?, Mastermind, and Brain of Britain where he was placed 3rd.
- In spite of discussing his sexuality openly in many of his comedy shows, he came out as openly gay on the British television quiz show broadcast on ITV, The Chase in May 2017.
- He announced in June 2019 that he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
- As of 2019, he is placed 6th at quizzing in the United Kingdom.
- Visit his official website @ paulsinha.com.
- Follow Paul Sinha on Twitter.
Featured Image by Jason Leslie / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0