|Paulo Dybala Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1993|
|Eye Color||Blue with a hint of Green|
Paulo Dybala is a professional footballer from Argentina who plays as the forward for Juventus (Italian club). In 2012, he acquired Italian citizenship. He is fondly called “La Joya” for his playing style and game skills. In 2015, he first played for his national side, Argentina. He played in the 2018 FIFA World Cup too.
Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala
La Joya, The Jewel, El pibe de la pensión
Laguna Larga, Córdoba, Argentina
Paulo Dybala went to the academy of his hometown club Instituto Atlético Central Córdoba for his soccer education.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Adolfo Dybala (Former Soccer Player and owned a lottery shop)
- Mother – Alicia de Dybala
- Siblings – Gustavo Dybala (Older Brother) (Entrepreneur), Mariano Dybala (Older Brother) (Gymnast and Soccer Agent)
- Others – Boleslaw Dybala (Paternal Grandfather)
Paulo Dybala is represented by his older brother Mariano Dybala.
Attacking Midfielder, Winger, Forward
10 – Juventus
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paulo Dybala has dated
- Antonella Cavalieri (2017-2018) – Dybala has had an on and off relationship with the Argentine model, Antonella Cavalieri. Their first stint together ended in the summer of 2017. However, by the end of the year, they were back together. She herself confirmed their reconciliation in December 2017 by sharing a picture of them on her Instagram account. However, they again ended their relationship in the early months of 2018.
- Ginevra Sozzi (2017) – Just after the summer of 2017, Dybala was linked with model Ginevra Sozzi. They had started dating after having met on the Spanish island of Formentera during summer holidays. She claimed that she didn’t know who Dybala was when she first met him. But their relationship didn’t survive beyond a couple of months as he started seeing his former girlfriend, Antonella.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Polish ancestry while on his mother’s side, he is of Italian (Sicilian) descent.
Blue with a hint of green
- Beauty mark on the right cheek
- Boyish Good Looks
Paulo Dybala has signed a personal endorsement deal with Adidas. As part of his deal, he is required to wear Adidas cleats for his matches and endorse their other products.
He has also appeared in a TV commercial for Samsung.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most exciting and prolific young attacking players
- Having won multiple titles and cup competitions with the Italian giants, Juventus
First Soccer Match
In 2011, he made his professional soccer debut as he turned out for his hometown club Instituto Atlético Central Córdoba in the Primera B Nacional (Argentine second division).
In August 2015, he made his debut for Juventus in 2015 Supercoppa Italiana match against Lazio in Shanghai. He came in as a second-half substitute and scored his team’s second goal in a 2-0 victory.
In October 2015, he played his first match for his national side in Argentina‘s World Cup qualifying match against Paraguay. He came in as a second-half substitute for Carlos Tevez.
- Attacking Movement
- Technical Ability
- Long Shots
- Work Rate
- Ability to find space
- Free Kicks
- Close Control
First TV Show
In 2012, Paulo Dybala made his first TV show appearance in the Argentine sports TV series, Fútbol Para Todos.
Paulo Dybala Favorite Things
- Soccer Player – Ronaldinho
Source – Mirror
Paulo Dybala Facts
- In July 2012, he officially moved to Europe as he was signed up by the Italian club, Palermo. The deal was worth over 5 million euros.
- In June 2015, he was signed up by the Italian giants Juventus in a five-year deal. Juventus had paid Palermo 32 million euros and had promised further 8 million euros in performance and appearance-related add-ons.
- It was his father’s dream that one of his sons should become a professional soccer player. Although he never pushed Paulo to pursue soccer, Paulo fulfilled his father’s dream.
- He started kicking the football at the age of 2. While growing up, he used to spend a lot of time playing on the dirt pitch next to the local railway station. The used truck tires were used as makeshift seating around the pitch.
- While growing up, he used to try to replicate Ronaldinho’s dribbles and tricks as he played with his friends.
- He was discovered by Instituto de Cordoba’s legendary scout, Santos Turza. Turza saw him play for just 10 minutes before he decided to take Adolfo Dybala (Paulo’s dad) to one side and tell him about his intentions to sign Paulo up.
- Dybala’s father himself used to accompany him to Instituto’s training center, La Agustina, which was around 70 kilometers away from their house.
- When he was 14 years old, his father passed away after a lengthy battle with intestinal cancer. Instituto agreed to let him play in his hometown of Laguna Larga for Newell’s Old Boys. A short while, after his father’s death, Paulo abandoned everything for a brief period of time.
- It was his coach Walter Obregon at Old Boys who helped him deal with the emotional pain. Interestingly, it was Paulo’s father who had brought Obregon to the club. In fact, Paulo’s father had asked Obregon to look after his son’s progress but he never knew Obregon would get to play such a direct role.
- He was given the nickname of La Joya (The Jewel) by the Argentine journalist Marcos Villalobo, who saw him score his debut goal for Instituto against Aldosivi. The goal also made him the youngest goalscorer in the history of the club, taking him ahead of previous record holder and Argentine legend Mario Kempes.
- He has done extensive charity work in his hometown, including donating a classroom to a center for disabled children.
- When he moved to Palermo, his mother also moved with him so as to cook meals for him and to give him emotional support.
- He often celebrates scoring a goal by saluting his deceased father, who wasn’t able to see his son fulfill his dream.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Paulo Dybala / Instagram