|Phoebe Ryan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1990|
Phoebe Ryan is an American singer and songwriter, best known for being a songwriter for hits by Britney Spears, Zara Larsson, Melanie Martinez, Oh Honey, and Bea Miller, ever since 2013. Her talent got a wider recognition in 2015 after she released a mash-up song of Ignition by R. Kelly and Miguel’s Do You hits. Not too long after that, she started releasing her own music such a single Mine, released in 2015, along with her debut EP of the same name on June 9, 2015, under Columbia Records. She is also well known for collaborating on various songs with bands and artists such as Tritonal, The Knocks, Skizzy Mars, and in 2016, The Chainsmokers on All We Know single, as well as Bloodstream in 2017. Her 2nd EP named James came out on October 27, 2017.
Phoebe Holiday Ryan
Dallas, Texas, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
She attended Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music at New York University in New York City, New York, where she focused on engineering, business, and production studies. She graduated in 2013, and moved to Los Angeles, California in February 2014, to pursue her music career.
- Father – Denis Joseph Ryan
- Mother – Stella Laura (Henriques)
- Siblings – She has 2 brothers.
Phoebe is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency located in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Pop, Indie Pop, Electropop
She started her solo career in 2015 when she was signed by Columbia Records.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She prefers to keep her dating life private.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish and Portuguese descent.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘Green’, ‘Purple’, or ‘Aqua’.
Phoebe has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Her mash-up of R. Kelly‘s single Ignition, and Miguel‘s Do You uploaded to YouTube on July 15, 2015
- Being a songwriter before she was a singer, most notably for Britney Spears, Zara Larsson, Bea Miller, and others
- Her 2 EP albums – Mine and James, released in 2015 and 2017, respectively
- Hit songs such as Mine, Homie, Dead, Forgetting All About You, Almost Back, and others
As a Singer
Phoebe released her debut EP titled Mine on June 9, 2015. Singles such as Ignition/Do You mash-up, Mine, Dead, and Homie were on the album that brought great reviews from the music critics, helping her launch her solo career.
Phoebe Ryan Favorite Things
- Singer – Bruno Mars
- Phone App – Headspace
Phoebe Ryan Facts
- The lead single, Forgetting All About You, in collaboration with American rapper Blackbear, and all the artwork from the cover to the music video features her own art – drawings and animations, and the lyrics were presented in the handwritten text.
- In February 2019, she printed out a limited edition of Phoebe’s Love Issue Zine, Valentine’s Day gift cards that included cartoons, haikus by friends, love stories and her unique art.
- On January 20, 2019, she announced that she has taken down her mash-up song created from R. Kelly’s Ignition, and Miguel’s Do You singles due to R. Kelly’s s*xual abuse and harassment allegations.
- She hasn’t read any of the Harry Potter books written by J.K. Rowling and hasn’t watched any of the movies in the series.
- At the age of 19, Phoebe was kissing a boy in her car, Nissan Xterra and put the car in neutral gear by accident. The car started moving forward and they crashed into a telephone pole.
- After her debut EP was released in 2015, Tove Lo praised it as a “gold”. In October 2018, the two singers collaborated on a song named Heart Attack.
- Taylor Swift included Phoebe’s song Mine on her list of “New Songs That Will Make Your Life More Awesome (I promise!)”.
- She has co-written songs with Skizzy Mars, a well-known rapper from Harlem, New York. There was a remix by Michael Keenan of her single, Mine that featured both of them and they also collaborated on his song named Magic in January 2016, that talks about his drug use.
- The song she co-wrote with Bea Miller in 2014, named Young Blood, reached the 4th spot on the Billboard “Dance Club Songs” list, as well as number 40 on the “Mainstream Top 40” list by Billboard. Radio Disney Music gave the song the award for “Best Song to Rock Out to With your BFFs”.
- The first collaboration Phoebe had with The Chainsmokers was on All We Know, released on September 29, 2016. The song hit the number 18 on the “Hot 100” list by Billboard and number 24 on UK Singles Chart. The 2nd collaboration happened on April 7, 2017, in form of the single Bloodstream on The Chainsmoker’s album Memories…Do Not Open.
- Visit her official website @ www.phoeberyanofficial.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, YouTubeVEVO, SoundCloud, and Spotify.
Featured Image by Phoebe Ryan / Instagram