|Piotr Zieliński Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1994|
Piotr Zieliński is a Polish professional soccer player who has long been considered as the next big player to emerge out of Poland after Robert Lewandowski. Even in his teens, he was heavily courted by the leading European sides such as Liverpool. He moved to Udinese even before having made his first professional appearance. Then, he went on to shine for Empoli before establishing himself as a key player at Napoli under Maurizio Sarri. He excelled in Sarri’s possession-based attacking playing style.
Piotr Sebastian Zieliński
Ząbkowice Śląskie, Poland
Piotr Zielinski started his soccer journey at his local club, Orzeł Ząbkowice Śląskie. Then, he joined the youth setup of Zagłębie Lubin.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Bogdan Zieliński (Soccer Coach)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Paweł Zieliński (Older Brother) (Professional Soccer Player), Tomasz Zieliński (Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
Piotr Zielinski is represented by Bartlomiej Bolek of BMG-SPORT.
44, 94 – Udinese Calcio
94, 27, 17 – FC Empoli
20 – SSC Napoli
19, 10, 6 – Poland National Team
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Piotr Zielinski has dated –
- Laura Slowiak (2015-Present) – Piotr Zielinski is in a relationship with the Polish model, Laura Slowiak. It was reported by some sources that they started dating in late 2015. They got engaged in June 2017. As part of the proposal, he had got ‘I Love You’ inscribed by the red roses.
Race / Ethnicity
Piotr Zieliński has inked a personal endorsement deal with Nike. As part of the deal, he is required to wear Nike footwear for his professional as well as international matches.
Best Known For
His solid performances in the Italian soccer league. He started out with Udinese before eventually making his mark with Empoli. He has also delivered great performances for Napoli.
First Soccer Match
- In November 2012, he made his professional debut with Udinese in a Serie A match against Cagliari. He was sent in to replace Antonio Di Natale in the 91st minute.
- In September 2014, he made his first appearance for Empoli in a Serie A match against AS Roma.
- He made his first appearance for Napoli in a Serie A match against Pescara in August 2016.
- In June 2013, he made his first international appearance for Poland National Team in a friendly match against Liechtenstein.
- Long shots
- Key passes
- Ability to drive his team forward
- Aerial Duels
Piotr Zieliński Facts
- At the age of 15, he was called up by Zagłębie Lubin manager, Franciszek Smuda to train with the first team.
- He scored his first Serie A goal for Napoli in an away match against Palermo. His side won the match by 3-0.
- At his first soccer club, Orzeł Ząbkowice Śląskie, he was coached by his father.
- At the age of 14, he joined Zagłębie Lubin. To move to the Lubin-based club, he decided to shun interest from Bayer Leverkusen and Liverpool.
- In his early teens, he had attended trials at the Dutch clubs, Feyenoord and Heerenveen.
- When he moved to Udinese, he was just 17 years old and hadn’t made his professional debut. He had impressed Udinese scouts with his performances in an international youth tournament.
- In August 2016, Napoli decided to pay a transfer fee of €16 million to Empoli to acquire Zieliński.
- In August 2013, he scored his first international goal in Poland’s friendly match against Denmark. His side went on to win the match by 3-2.
- In the summer of 2016, he was heavily courted by the English clubs, Arsenal and Liverpool. But, he decided to stay in Italy with Napoli.
- In July 2018, it was rumored that he had suffered an ankle injury in a training ground prank by teammate Arkadiusz Milik. However, the injury claims were rubbished by Napoli in an official statement.
- In August 2018, he scored two goals in his side’s match against AC Milan. Napoli was trailing by 2-0 at the half-time but they managed to string a strong comeback in the second half to win the match by 3-2.
- Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Piotr Zieliński / Instagram