Rachel Joy Shenton
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Rachel studied in two different high schools, one was in Cheadle. She then attended Burslem College. As a 17-year-old, Rachel was a performing arts student at Stoke on Trent College.
- Father – Geoff Shenton
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Rachel Shenton is managed by –
- Charlotte Davies, Talent Agent, United Agents, London, United Kingdom.
- Crystal Salazar, Manager, Untitled Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Catherine Lyn Scott, Publicist, London Flair PR, London, United Kingdom.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel Shenton has dated –
- Chris Overton (2010-Present) – Rachel and Chris have been dating for a while. Chris is an actor, director, producer, and writer from Cannock, United Kingdom. They met while shooting for the TV series Hollyoaks aired on Channel 4 in 2010. Chris proposed to her a week before they started filming The Silent Child.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled smile
- Long face with a squared jawline
- Thick luscious hair
Rachel Shenton was made the ambassador for the National Deaf Children’s Society in 2011.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Her roles as Mitzeee Minniver on the teen drama series Hollyoaks and as Lily Summers on ABC Family drama, Switched at Birth in Season 3 and Season 5.
- Winning the Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film for her film The Silent Child in 2018. She wrote and acted in the film. The film also won an award for Best Short Film at the Rhode Island International Film Festival in 2017, which created its entry into the Oscars category.
- Her involvement with the deaf community such as National Deaf Children’s Society with whom she has worked on various projects to raise awareness of deafness in the UK. She even helped to launch ‘Viewtalk’ which is a social networking website for deaf people.
In 2005, she made her theatrical film debut playing Shade Girl in the film Xlitherman.
First TV Show
In 2005, she made her first TV show appearance as Katrina Hobsbawn in the drama series Holby City.
Rachel Shenton’s workout routine and diet plan are not known.
Rachel Shenton Favorite Things
- About Growing Up In Stoke-On-Trent – Always getting fresh eggs, chicken, and cakes.
Source – YouTube
Rachel Shenton Facts
- At the age of 8, she knew she wanted to be an actress.
- She is a qualified British and American sign language interpreter.
- Rachel was a volunteer signer at the charity Deaflinks. She left after landing a role in Hollyoaks.
- Marlee Matlin is her deaf role model.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Rachel Shenton / Instagram