Raw Food Diet Plan is an outstanding plan banking on the nutritional values of raw foods. The diet plan says should you want to get highest nutritional value of foods; you should consume them in their raw form.
Proponents of diet plan believe that apart from revitalizing your skin and hair, raw foods also melt numerous pounds from your body while providing nourishment to your body.
What is Raw Food Diet Plan?
Raw Food Diet Plan has been devised with the sole objective of cultivating healthy eating habits in you. The plan insists consumption of large number of veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts, legumes, and other raw foods. The diet plan asserts, loads of value of foods simply gets destroyed in the process of cooking.
Raw foods contain special enzymes, which are effective in catalyzing various health activities in our body and magnifying the process of muscle building. However, cooking food kills these enzymes. In fact, the remains of enzymes rather make the meals toxic in nature. Thus, it’s not healthy for your body to consume cooked veggies.
Categorization of Raw Food Diet Plan
Raw food diet plan has been divided into three categories and these are –
Fruitarians – Fruitarians consume only raw fruits.
Juicearians – Juicearians go along with the diet plan while consuming various kinds of fruit juices.
Sproutarians – Sproutarians focus on consuming sprouts of various seeds.
Why Should You Follow Raw Food Diet Plan?
Raw food diet plan is scientifically proven diet plan and no one can deny from the beneficial impacts of raw foods on your body. The diet plan is natural and realistic. Let’s find out why it is necessary for you to include raw food diet plan into the mainstream of your diet regime.
- Raw foods consist of several noble bacteria and microorganisms, which speed up your metabolism and improve the functioning of your digestive tract.
- There are various enzymes such as proteases, lipases, and amylases in raw foods. When you cook food at temperature above 40 degree Celsius, these enzymes being destroyed have you remain devoid of their benefits.
- Since processed foods have numerous preservatives, additives, and flavor enhancing substances added in them, they tend to pile up toxins inside your body, which make you become overweight. Main aim of processed foods is to please your taste buds. Contrary to that, primary objective of raw foods is to flatter your body.
- Raw foods obtained from wild vegetation are better than raw foods obtained from cultivated farming, because many pesticides containing harmful chemicals are used there to enhance the productivity of land. Besides that, many artificial ways are being used to ripe fruits and veggies.
- Raw foods have several anti-oxidant properties. Their amazing capacity to deter the signs of aging is capable of enhancing your youthful life. Apart from being rich in fiber, raw foods detoxify and cleanse your body from inside.
- Raw foods can save you from becoming victim of destructive diseases such as cardio diseases, high blood sugar level, arthritis, and even cancer.
- Oil used in cooking foods after being transformed into trans-fat causes increase in your cholesterol level.
Prohibited Food Items in the Diet Plan
Should you refrain from some food items, the diet plan promises to get you the skin and body you always wanted to have. The plan has swept food items such as alcohol, wine, smoking, refined sugar, caffeine, recycled tap water etc. These food items being stock house of harmful radicals accumulate toxins inside your body and make your body house of grave diseases.
Raw Animal Food Diet
Though mostly people prefer vegan raw food diet plan but if you cannot live without animal foods, there are some animal foods also which can be eaten in raw form. You can eat raw eggs, fermented shellfish, fish, meat, kefir, and dairy products.
Should you cook animal foods below forty degree Celsius, you will be able to derive their benefits thoroughly. However, cooking above this temperature will sweep many helpful ingredients of animal foods.
How to Follow Raw Food Diet Plan?
Raw food diet plan has provided methods of preparing raw foods. You can easily make salad of vegetables and fruits and can sprinkle spices over them to enhance their taste. As far as consumption of seeds such as rice and others is concerned, you can soak them in water overnight and consume them next day.
Soaking seeds in water stimulate the functioning of enzymes and make them more active. There are some other seeds and grains which can be sprouted and eaten to obtain nutritional values. You need to take into account soaking time of different food items because some foods become soft in very less time while others take long time in being soft.
How to Get Adequate Nourishment?
Since raw food vegan diet is likely to make you deficient in nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B 12, calcium, and iron, you need to eat following food items to deter the dearth of nutrients.
For Iron – Tofu, almonds, legumes, cashews
For calcium – Cabbage, figs, bok choy, soy beans
For Vitamin B12 – Nutritional yeast, breakfast cereals, and fortified soy milk and vitamin B 12 supplements
For Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Walnuts, flaxseeds, soybean oil, canola and omega-3 supplements
Some Easy Tips
Should you want to follow raw food diet plan, here come some simple tips which will make it easy for you to adhere to the diet plan.
- First of all, stay informed and gather as much information as you can about raw foods on internet. Search on internet about their benefits and the kinds of recipes available on internet. Apart from that, join communities already sticking to raw food diet.
- Raw food diet plan doesn’t mean that you have to eat flavorless and insipid foods. There are numerous delicious recipes available on internet. You can simply learn them, try them at home, and relish your meals.
- Should you want to make the diet plan simpler, you can choose to be flexible. You can consume raw foods in one or two meals of the day as per your comfort.
- Preparation of raw foods requires activities such as shredding, chopping, grating, mincing, topping, tearing etc. You shall have all the equipment required to prepare raw food meals available in your kitchen.
- Don’t try to find exotic fruits and vegetables. Prefer learning recipes to cook meals having easily available fruits and vegetables used as ingredients.