Dante Vittorio Ronaldo Mangini
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He took classical piano training from The Colburn School of Performing Arts.
Pianist, Actor, Voice-Over Actor, Music / Film Composer
- Father – Mark Anthony Mangini (Academy Award Winning Hollywood Sound Designer)
- Mother – Ann Mangini
- Siblings – Matt Mangini (Half-brother from father’s first marriage with Annette McCarthy) (Account Manager for a musical instrument store), Joey Mangini (Half-brother from father’s first marriage) (Works for a gaming company called Oodon)
- Others – Barbara Mangini (Paternal Grandmother)
Rio is repped by –
- Laura Pallas Management
- Pamela Fish & Jeremy Apody, Abrams Artists
- Arlene Thornton & Associates
White House Music
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
Rio’s weight is subject to change considering he is still a teenager. His body weight might be about 55 kg or 121 lbs.
Girlfriend / Spouse
The actor has not yet started dating publicly.
Race / Ethnicity
Rio has Italian ancestry on father’s side and possibly Polynesian and Irish ancestry on mother’s side.
- Usually keeps his hair long
- Sharp nose
- Clear skin
He has appeared in TV commercials for –
- MetroPCS (2017)
- University of Phoenix (2013)
He was cast to provide voice-over to Toys R Us ‘Black Friday Sale’ & ‘Early Deals’ TV Commercial (2016).
His religious beliefs are not confirmed.
Best Known For
- Having played Ace McFumbles in Bella and the Bulldogs (2015–2016)
- Being featured in the Netflix original comedy series Everything Sucks! (2018) to play one of the main character roles called McQuaid.
As a Musician
He has contributed to an instrumental composition called Rio & Fugue by Champions of Justice featuring Rio Mangini.
Rio’s first theatrical film appearance was the comedy-drama Bitch in 2017 in the role of Max Hart.
First TV Show
1 episode guest role as Tom in Marvin Marvin in 2013 in the episode titled, Battle of the Bands.
- Rio has never particularly shared his exercise or dietary regimen. He does not like sports and has no particular interest in any game unless they are video games.
- Since he works in show business, he exercises for about an hour every day under the supervision of a personal trainer and also takes sword fighting lessons.
- With each passing year, the actor gradually outgrows his soft and thin build of early childhood into a more athletic build.
Rio Mangini Favorite Things
- Actors – Hugh Jackman, Jesse Eisenberg, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Video Game – Overwatch, Super Mario Flash 2, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Five Nights at Freddy’s trilogy
- Record Label – Monstercat based in Vancouver, Canada
- EDM Artist – Martin Vogt (stage name Haywyre), Dennis White (stage name Latroit & Static Revenger), Kezwik
- Dubstep Artist – Sullivan King
- Composer – Frederic Chopin
- Pianist – Sergei Rachmaninoff
- Classical Song – Fantaisie–Impromptu by Frédéric Chopin
- Movie Scores – A Storm Is Coming by Junkie XL for Mad Max: Fury Road, Is She With You? by Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL for Batman Vs Superman, entire score by Ben Salisbury and Geoff Barrow for Ex Machina
- Doughnut – Chocolate Glazed
- Movie – The Accountant (2016), Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
- Animal – Monkey, Ring Tailed Lemur
- Music Genre – Classical, EDM, Alternative Rock, Punk Rock
- Filmmaker – George Miller
- Activities to Unwind – Chilling with friends, drawing, sword fighting, playing video games
- Nickelodeon Show – iCarly (2007–2012), SpongeBob SquarePants
Source – Patternindy, Teenplicity, Upfront NY, Teen Music Insider, Hush Hush Biz, BSC Kids
Rio Mangini Facts
- While studying, he used to bring school work to sets when working and return to study full time as a regular student in between projects.
- In order to save time, Rio often did his school work in the car when stuck in LA traffic.
- He started playing the piano at the age of 5 and started acting at the age of 8.
- Deemed as a musical prodigy, Rio performed at the prestigious Carnegie Hall concert venue in Manhattan, NYC at the age of 9.
- His first ever acting audition was for Mr. Popper’s Penguins (2011). Rio did not get the part but the casting director told his mother that he was good which started his acting journey.
- Rio was inspired to become an actor after watching the Nickelodeon show, iCarly (2007-2012). He wanted to get cast on that show but it ended before he could audition for it.
- He composed 3 short songs for his feature film Bitch (2017).
- If he does not have events or auditions lined up after school, Rio tries to put in at least 2 hours of daily piano practice.
- Rio hopes to win an Academy Award for his work in music one day like his father, Mark who won the Oscar for Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) in 2016 for best sound editing.
- When older, he would like to play the main role in action films like those created by Marvel.
- Other than music and acting, Rio is interested in drawing, video games, fencing, and archery.
- He does not like drawing in color and always carries a pen and a notebook every time he leaves his house.
- Rio frequently discusses sensitive issues with his family particularly those related to drugs, bullying, ethics, good and bad behavior, inappropriate behavior and other dangers to maintain a stable head on his shoulder in the face of increasing fame.
- To find out more about the actor, follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Rio Mangini / Instagram