|Rivers Cuomo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1970|
Rivers Cuomo is an American musician best known as the lead vocalist, guitarist, and songwriter of the rock band Weezer. His home demos include Alone: The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo (2007), Alone II: The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo (2008), and Alone III: The Pinkerton Years (2011). In 2013, he collaborated with Scott Murphy to release a self-titled Japanese-language album under the name Scott & Rivers. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 1 million followers on Twitter.
Ace, Varz, Weezer
New York City, New York, United States
New York, United States
Rivers attended the E.O. Smith High School.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist
- Father – Frank Cuomo
- Mother – Beverly Cuomo
- Siblings – Leaves Cuomo (Brother)
- Rivers is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
- As a member of the band Weezer, he is represented by Crush Music.
Alternative Rock, Power Pop, Pop-punk, Emo, Indie Rock, Pop Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Drums
- Geffen Records
- Epitaph Records
- Republic Records
- Crush Management
- Atlantic Recording Corporation
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rivers has dated –
- Kyoko Ito (1997-Present) – Rivers met Kyoko Ito for the first time at the at the Middle East Club, Cambridge, Massachusetts in March 1997 at one of his solo concerts. He made the proposal shortly before Christmas 2005, in Tokyo and they got married on June 18, 2006, at a beach on Paradise Cove in Malibu. All the members of Weezer were in attendance along with Ridel High frontman Kevin Ridel and record producer Rick Rubin. The couple is blessed with two children, a daughter named Mia (b. 2007) and a son named Leo (b. 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian ancestry on his father’s side, whereas, on his mother’s side, he has German and English ancestry.
Rivers has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
Being the lead vocalist, guitarist, and songwriter of the rock band Weezer
Rivers released his first studio album titled Weezer (Blue Album) on May 10, 1994, under DGC Records. The album proved to be a success and peaked at number 16 on the US Billboard 200, and was declared triple ‘platinum’ by RIAA.
First TV Show
Rivers made his first TV show appearance on 120 Minutes in 1994.
Rivers Cuomo Favorite Things
- Influence – The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Kiss, Nirvana, Giacomo Puccini, Green Day, Jane’s Addiction, Cat Stevens, Lou Barlow, The Who, Pixies, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Sonic Youth
Source – Wikipedia
Rivers Cuomo Facts
- He was raised in an ashram called Yogaville in Pomfret, Connecticut run by the Indian spiritual leader Swami Satchidananda Saraswati.
- Rivers was named Rivers by his mother because he was born between the East and Hudson rivers.
- He was born with a difference in the lengths of his legs, as his left leg was nearly two inches shorter than his right. He had surgery to extend his left leg in 1995.
- His father was a featured musician on the 1971 album titled Odyssey of Iska by jazz saxophonist Wayne Shorter where he played the drums.
- In his school time, he was involved in various musical activities such as the school choir and also participated in the school production of Grease.
- At one point during his school time, he changed his name to Peter Kitts as Kitts was his step father’s name. However, he took up his real name after graduation.
- His first step towards a musical career was when he joined a band called Avant Garde, which was later renamed as Zoom.
- After Zoom disbanded in 1990, he took up the job of a roadie for a band called King Size while he was also working on his own music.
- On February 14, 1992, he formed a rock band along with drummer Patrick Wilson, bassist Matt Sharp, and guitarist Jason Cropper and named it Weezer which was the nickname given to him by his father when he was a baby.
- In 2004, he took a vow of s*xual abstinence until his marriage in 2006.
- Visit his official website @ riverscuomo.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by Tankboy / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0