Biesdorf, East Berlin, East Germany
Robert’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Thomas Huth
- Mother – Bärbel Huth
- Siblings – Unknown
Huth is signed with ProSoccer.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Robert Huth dated –
- Francesca Kingdon – Robert is in a relationship with the British actress and model Francesca Kingdon. The couple were first seen together on a vacation on the South Beach in Miami, Florida in 2009. Huth and Francesca have one son Bruno.
Race / Ethnicity
- Oblong facial shape
- Droopy nose shape
Robert’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Robert has not been seen in a TV commercial yet.
Best Known For
His defensive skills such as blocking shots, tackling and doing whatever it takes for a victory. He became known during his time at Stoke City when he was considered one of the toughest defenders in the Premier League.
First Football Match
Huth debuted for Chelsea in a match against Aston Villa during the 2001-2002 season. At the time, Robert was only 17 years old.
As a player of Middlesbrough, Robert first appeared in a League Cup 1-0 loss to Notts County.
On August 29, 2009, he had his debut for Stoke in a 1-0 success over Sunderland.
On February 10, 2015, Huth played his first official match for Leicester City. Robert played the entire game which ended up with a defeat for his team to Arsenal with the final score being 2-1.
Huth first performed for the national senior team of Germany on August 18, 2004 in a friendly match against Austria.
- Aerial Duels
- Warrior on the pitch
Robert has not acted yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Robert has appeared in two episodes of the TV documentary series called Das aktuelle Sportstudio as himself.
Robert’s towering height is helping him a lot in sustaining a body-to-body contact with his opponents. However, his height is backed up with his strength levels which are pretty decent. The German international is not considered a hard worker but still, he puts time in the gym. We don’t know the structure of his workout routines but as always, we would like to share couple of videos which may help you build your own workouts based on the exercises included in each one of them.
Robert Huth Favorite Things
Robert’s favorite things are not known.
Robert Huth Facts
- He first started playing football at VfB Fortuna Biesdorf.
- As a kid, Robert was a fan of SV Werder Bremen.
- Robert was a ball boy in the Germany’s Cup Final in 1997 which was played in the Berlin’s Olympic stadium.
- After VfB Fortuna Biesdorf, Robert shifted to the youth team of FC Union Berlin and after 2001, he moved to Chelsea.
- In the summer of 2005, Bayern Munich’s bid on Huth got rejected.
- He failed the medical tests at Middlesbrough which extended his stay with the English team until August 31, 2006, when he officially signed a five-year deal worth 6 million British pounds.
- In the summer of 2007, Huth went through an ankle surgery and made his return in a match against Reading on December 1, 2007.
- On August 27, 2009, Robert agreed to sign a four-year deal with the English club Stoke City for a total fee of 5 million British pounds or around 6.3 million euros.
- On October 17, 2009, during a match between Stoke City and West Ham, Robert slapped West Ham’s defender Matthew Upson on the face. Huth excited the situation as he didn’t get any card from the referee. In a matter of days, The Football Association gave Robert a suspension of three matches. Eventually, the German international apologised to Matthew and accepted his guiltiness.
- He was named Stoke’s Player of the Year for his performances during the 2010-2011 season.
- In June 2012, Robert continued with Stoke City for three more years.
- In November 2013, he injured his knee and went through two surgeries which kept him out of the football pitch for the whole 2013-2014 season.
- On February 2, 2015, Huth was sent on a loan to Leicester City. After his arrival, Leicester won in 7 out of their final 9 games, which resulted in Huth being signed permanently. On June 24, 2015, Robert agreed on a three-year contract for a price of 3 million British pounds.
- Robert played at the 2003 FIFA World Youth Championship as a part of the German youth national team.
- On August 16, 2004, Huth was called to join the senior national team of Germany for a friendly match against Austria.
- In January 2015 after being involved in a game on Twitter where he judged people’s gender in sexually explicit pictures, Huth was charged with 15,000 British pounds and got suspended for two games by FA (The Football Association).
- Follow Huth on his Twitter and Facebook.