|Rotem Sela Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1983|
Rotem Sela is an Israeli model, television host, and actress who is known for having been cast in a variety of roles in several shows. Her credits as an actress include her performances in several shows such as Beauty and the Baker as Noa Hollander/Noa, The Psychologist as Liat Shtrosman, and Autonomies as Blumi. Apart from these, Rotem Sela has appeared in various other shows like HaKochav HaBa, Good Evening with Guy Pines, A Wonderful Country, Naor’s Friends, Tom Avni 24/7, Lost in Africa, Bobby ve Ani, Ha-Alufa, Shemesh, Shnaim, Back of the Nation, Mi Lemala?, Ofira & Berkovic, and Hayom BaLayla. She was discovered by a model agent when she was 15 years old and has since worked with a number of brands. She has also supported various social causes and has also shown her support for the LGBT community. Rotem Sela has also amassed an impressive social media fan base as she enjoys more than a million followers on Instagram.
Kiryat Haim, Israel
Rotem Sela attended the Kiryat Haim High School where she was also a part of the volleyball team. Later, she attended the Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya, a private research university located in Herzliya, Israel, from where she graduated with a degree in Law and Business Administration.
Model, Television Host, Actress
- Father – He has served as a director of a medical equipment company.
- Mother – She has worked as a geography teacher.
- Siblings – Rotem Sela has an older sister.
Rotem Sela is represented by Roberto Models Agency – Tel Aviv.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rotem Sela has dated –
- Ariel Rotter (2010-Present) – Rotem Sela got married to Ariel Rotter, the son of Gabriel Rotter who is the CEO of Castro, on May 27, 2010. The duo has since been together and parents 3 children, two of whom are named Ori Rotter and Ann Rotter.
Race / Ethnicity
Rotem Sela often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Lean physique
- A mole below her right eye
Rotem Sela has either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands through social media which include the likes of CASTRO, Samsung Israel, AMOR, FACTORY 54, and Inbal Dror.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Noa Hollander/Noa in the romantic-comedy TV series, Beauty and the Baker (2013-2017)
- Appearing in a variety of shows which include the likes of Shemesh, Good Evening with Guy Pines, Ha-Alufa, Bobby ve Ani, Tom Avni 24/7, Lost in Africa, A Wonderful Country, Naor’s Friends, The Psychologist, Autonomies, HaKochav HaBa, Shnaim, Ambush, Back of the Nation, Mi Lemala?, Ofira & Berkovic, Hayom BaLayla, Mo’adon Layla, and 2025
- Having garnered a huge social media fan base with more than a million followers on Instagram
First TV Show
Rotem Sela made her first TV show appearance as a model in an episode, titled Basad Ha-Sheni, of the comedy sitcom, Shemesh, in January 2003.
She stays in shape by leading an active lifestyle.
Rotem Sela Facts
- She was discovered by the model agent Roberto Ben Shoshan when she was around 15 years old.
- Rotem Sela has worked extensively with the clothing brand, Castro, and has been a part of several of its campaigns alongside actor, singer, and model, Aviv Alush. In the year 2019, she was also a part of the solo campaign for Castro Jeans.
- She has always given more importance to pursue a career in her home country rather than somewhere else in the world and has said, “Tel Aviv cannot be replaced by any city in the world. It’s always surprising to people, but it’s really not my dream to succeed [in America,] I want to succeed here, to work here, to do Israeli work…it was important to me to stay here.”
- She played the lead role of Noa Hollander/Noa, who is a privileged Ashkenazi model and heiress that falls in love with a working-class Yemenite baker named Amos Dahari, in the romantic-comedy TV series, Beauty and the Baker, from 2013 to 2017. Rotem Sela starred on the show alongside the likes of Aviv Alush, Mark Ivanir, Uri Gavriel, Hila Saada, Dar Zuzovsky, Ofer Haroun, Shani Aviv, Yaffa Levi, Nava Medina, and Jason Lewis. She was cast for the role after the popular model, television host, actress, and businesswoman, Bar Refaeli, left the show.
- In 2018, Rotem Sela was cast as Liat Shtrosman in the drama series, The Psychologist, which is an Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation show and is somewhat similar to the Lisa Kudrow series titled Web Therapy.
- She has also appeared as Blumi in the dystopian drama miniseries, Autonomies (2018), in which she starred alongside the likes of Assi Cohen, Shuli Rand, Dana Ivgy, and Daniella Kertesz.
- Rotem Sela supports the LGBT community and in 2015, she said that “I would give Nora Grinberg a torch, she’s among the first [openly] transgender people in Israel, and it’s very important that gays, lesbians, and transgenders get a stage.”
- She has also shown her support for the #MeToo movement and has said that “The situation before the #MeToo movement was extreme, this world in which men allowed themselves to talk and behave to women in an uninhibited way. The campaign is very important, and even if at the moment it feels to some people too extreme, it is okay and eventually, the middle will be found.”
- Rotem Sela started serving as the host for the interactive reality singing competition series, HaKokhav HaBa (Rising Star), in 2014.
- In 2015, she appeared as a contestant on the game-show, Mi Lemala?.
- She was also cast alongside Gilad Kahana in the short musical film, The Dogs, in 2017.
- Follow Rotem Sela on Instagram.
Featured Image by דבש סדן / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0