|Ruby da Cherry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1990|
Ruby da Cherry is an American rapper, producer, and musician. He is best known as one half of the rap/hip hop duo Suicideboys (stylized $UICIDEBOY$) with Scrim (stylized as $crim), founded in 2014. They have released studio albums such as I Want to Die in New Orleans (2018) and Stop Staring at the Shadows (2020).
Aristos Norman Petrou
Ruby da Cherry, SuicideLeopard, DuckBoy, Oddy Nuff da Snow Leopard, SLAMDUNKASAUR, Yung Plague, Yung Mutt, 7th Ward Dragon, 7th Ward Charizard, Norman Atomic, 40 Blunts, Southside Shawty, George Washington’s AR-15, Prince of Tides, Raindrop Walka, Yung Ooze, Lil Waaaaaa, Lil Infected, Lil Oozing, Prince Mononoke the Frozen Shogun, Choking Boy, $nowmane, Yung Maraschino, Papa Pine, The $uicidal $hepherd, Shawty Burn-A-Church, Lil No Flash, Ruby Soho, Lord of Loneliness, Romeo da Black Rose, Yung $lumber, Spooky da Scary, Lil Uzi the Anti-Christ
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
He graduated from college in 2013.
Rapper, Musician, Producer
- Father – He owns a restaurant.
- Others – Scott “$crim” Arceneaux Jr. (Maternal Cousin) (Rapper, Record Producer, DJ)
Ruby da Cherry is represented by –
- Kyle Leunissen (Manager) in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Dana Biondi/G59 Records (Manager) in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Hip-Hop/Rap, Trap Metal, Horrorcore, Dark Trap
Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Violin
- G*59 Records
- Caroline Distribution
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent on his maternal side and of Greek Cypriot descent on his paternal side.
He has also dyed his hair ‘Platinum Blonde,’ ‘Cyan,’ and ‘Pink’ in the past.
- Multiple tattoos
- Thin nose
Ruby da Cherry Favorite Things
- Hobby – Collecting Action Figures
- Superhero – Batman
- Movie Franchise – Star Wars
- Movie – Goodfellas (1990)
- Anime – Dragon Ball Z
- Punk Band – Choking Victim/Leftover Crack
Source – YouTube
Ruby da Cherry Facts
- He was raised in Metairie, Louisiana, United States.
- His interest in music began at the age of 7 when he started playing the violin.
- At the age of 10, Ruby da Cherry started playing drums and joined various bands n middle school.
- From his early teenage years up until 2015, Ruby da Cherry worked as a waiter in his father’s restaurant.
- Growing up, he wanted to have a mohawk and wear punk clothes, but his parents objected.
- He was a drummer for the band Vapo-Rats in the past. Because his bandmates couldn’t care less about the future of the band, he left.
- As a college graduation gift, his parents bought him a Canon T3I camera.
- Both he and $crim suffer from severe depression and struggled with substance abuse in the past. Between the ages 14 and 22, Ruby da Cherry took every drug he could find just to see how it feels. He smoked crack cocaine and had an addiction to heroin.
- At the age of 15, he started abusing painkillers after the death of his grandfather.
- Ruby da Cherry used to deal drugs from his bicycle.
- He and $crim made a suicide pact by cutting their hand and bleeding that if their musical career didn’t pan out until the age of 30, they would both commit suicide, hence the name Suicideboys.
- As part of Suicideboys, Ruby da Cherry has collaborated with artists such as Pouya, Black Smurf, Getter, Jgrxxn, Rvmirxz, Bones, Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, and Korn guitarist James Shaffer.
- Canadian DJ deadmau5 accused them of copyright infringement on their song Antartica (2016). They sampled his song I Remember (2008) with DJ Kaskade, and after the accusations surfaced, took their song down from all platforms and faced no further action.
- He and Scrim were featured on the “Billboard Dance’s 15 Artists to Watch in 2017” list.
- A lot of their songs either use direct samples or are influenced by a rap group, Three 6 Mafia. Although one of its former members, Gangsta Boo, had his reservations, the founding member Juicy J was supportive.
- A well-known rapper, singer, and drummer Mike D, a founding member of the rap group Beastie Boys, stated that their music was the 1st thing his kids listened to that he couldn’t relate or embrace.
Featured Image by Ruby da Cherry / Instagram