|Rucha Hasabnis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1988|
Rucha Hasabnis is a former Indian actress and entrepreneur who came to prominence with her important portrayal of Rashi Jigar Modi in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya (2010-2014). Prior to that, she had been cast in the lead role on Star Parvah’s Marathi series of Chaar Choughi as Devika in 2009. Despite having earned herself a place amongst some of the top actresses of Indian television, she decided to cut short her acting career in 2014, in order to be able to spend time with her family and rejuvenate her lifestyle. Nevertheless, being a qualified company secretary was her first preference then came acting. As of 2019, Rucha still did not consider coming back to the industry even though she had received several offers in between. Since her stint as an actress, she has amassed a huge fan base with more than 250k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Thane, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rucha completed her schooling from Thane and then went on to attain a degree in Bachelor of Commerce at the Vinayak Ganesh Vaze College of Arts, Science & Commerce. Later, she went on to pursue her Master of Commerce at Mumbai University.
She is also a qualified Company Secretary. According to Rucha’s Facebook fan page, she had completed her studies at the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- Father – Ramesh Hasabnis
- Mother – Reshma Hasabnis
- Siblings – She is the only child.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rucha has dated –
- Vishal Singh – In the past, Rucha was rumored to have been engaged to her on-screen husband, actor Vishal Singh. The two played crucial roles on Saath Nibhaana Saathiya. However, in an interview with TellyChakkar, she was asked about the speculations of the two being engaged. Afterwhich, she answered “He is just my on-screen husband. God knows how these rumors are spread! Even on Facebook, our fans sometimes think we are in a relationship. I want to clear all these rumors.”
- Rahul Jagdale (2008-Present) – Rucha and her long-time boyfriend started dating one another sometime in 2008. They spent a hearty amount of time together before deciding to tie the knot on January 28, 2015. Rucha is very happy to be married to her sensible, intelligent, and kind gentleman.
Race / Ethnicity
- Plump lower lip
- Rectangular face shape
Through her social media, Rucha has either endorsed or promoted many brands including Archana Parasrampuria Jewelry.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Rashi Jigar Modi in Star Plus’s hit show Saath Nibhaana Saathiya from 2010 to 2014 alongside the likes of actor Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Shruti Prakash, Vishal Singh, and Mohammad Nazim
- Starring in Star Pravah’s popular Marathi show Chaar Choughi as Devika in 2009
- Winning the Star Parivaar Award for “Favourite Behen” in 2014
First TV Show
Rucha made her debut TV show appearance as Devika in Star Pravah’s Marathi series Chaar Choughi in 2009.
As of 2016, she wanted to commit to working out as part of her New Years resolution.
Rucha Hasabnis Favorite Things
- Food – Homemade, Italian, Chinese
- Season – Winter
- Color – Black, Purple
- Car Brand – Bayerische Motoren Werke AG
- Co-Star From Saath Nibhaana Saathiya – Vishal Singh
- Day Ever – When she visited Disneyland Park for the first time on May 1, 2014
- Cricketer – Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly
- Holiday Destination in India As Of 2012 – Manali, Himachal Pradesh
- Actors – Shahrukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan
- Actress – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Madhuri Dixit
Rucha Hasabnis Facts
- She was raised as the only child born to Ramesh and Reshma in Thane, Mumbai.
- Rucha chose acting as a hobby. It was not something she was extremely passionate about.
- Rucha was offered the role of Rashi in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya while she was on the lookout for a job for the post of a company secretary.
- In 2014, Rucha decided to quit acting for good after she had realized that even though the profession had its perks, she found difficult to cope up with constantly playing the negative and hyper character Rashi. It was very taxing on her health and also hampered with her personal life. She also mentioned that she had already been thinking about quitting since 2012 and does not regret a thing.
- In the past, rumors began to spread of her leaving the show because she was pregnant. In order to avoid the speculations, the crew showed a scene in which the camera was zoomed in on her stomach to show her well-toned abdominal area.
- Besides having a huge Indian fan following, Rucha also has a huge number of Indonesian admirers.
- She is a qualified company secretariat and is also a post-graduate in the field of commerce.
- Rucha and her co-star from Saath Nibhaana Saathiya actress Giaa Manek are close friends. She finds Giaa as a sweet, fun, lovely, and delightful person.
- She believes that the best thing about being married is that “You can be with the person you love the most.”
- Post Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Rucha has been traveling, spending a tremendous amount of time with her family, watching movies, and enjoying her favorite sitcoms.
- She prefers not to make resolutions on the New Year as she finds it difficult to cope with sticking to them.
- Rucha is more of a private kind of person and prefers to live her life without catching too much fan attention as well.
- She is very passionate about art and as of 2013, she would often paint sketches done by her close friend Shruti Mohite.
- In her free time, Rucha enjoys reading books of all genres, listening to music especially jazz and instrumental. Besides that, she also indulges in several sports like squash, table tennis, volleyball, and softball. Rucha is also sincerely fond of swimming and cycling.
- Rucha’s dream role as of March 2013, was to play a character like that of actress Rani Mukerji’s in the film Black (2005).
- In the past, she was offered a chance to compete on Fear Factor. However, she had to turn it down due to her year-long commitment with Saath Nibhaana Saathiya.
- Food that comforts her the most when she is feeling tired or having a bad day is that of her mothers.
- She was one of the many stars chosen to be part of “The Indian Telly Calendar 2013”.
- In June 2014, the song she heard the most was Glad you came (2011) by the British-Irish boy band The Wanted.
- If she were to be stuck somewhere, it would have been at the beach with her close friends from school.
- She enjoys eating her food patiently while savoring the taste of it with every bite.
- Rucha once stated that she was very impatient and she needed to work on it.
- She describes herself as a happy-go-lucky person.
- Rucha does not quite believe in having role models.
- Over the years, she has traveled to many countries including New Zealand, Maldives, Australia, Netherlands, and many more since she quit acting.
- A fan of hers from Vietnam named Minthu once got Rucha a purse similar to hers with the first salary. The kind gesture had really warmed Rucha’s heart.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / CC BY 3.0