|Ryan Ashley Malarkey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 29, 1987|
Ryan Ashley Malarkey is a hugely sought-after American tattoo artist whose tattoo designs feature heavy aesthetic elements like lace details, ornamental jewels, and beadworks. She rose to prominence in 2016 after winning the title on the 8th season of Ink Master and went on to judge Ink Master: Angels from 2017 to 2018. Ryan is also the co-owner of The Strange and Unusual Oddities Parlor which deals in novelty objects, antiques, and taxidermy. Her work has become widely-known through Instagram on which she has more than 1 million followers.
Ryan Ashley Malarkey
Pennsylvania, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Ryan graduated from Lake Lehman High School in Pennsylvania in 2005.
She went on to attend the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York and graduated in 2007 with a degree in Fashion Design. In her final year, she was awarded the critic’s choice award in her class.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Diane Green
- Siblings – She has a younger sister.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ryan Ashley Malarkey has dated –
- Joshua Balz (2013-2017) – Ryan began dating Josh Balz, a former member of the metal band Motionless in White, in 2013. The couple turned their common passions into a business venture and became owners of The Strange and Unusual Oddities Parlor in Kingston, Pennsylvania. After being together for almost 3 years, Ryan and Josh announced their engagement in March 2016. But, as Ryan began traveling for Ink Master: Angels, their relationship became strained and they decided to split up in 2017.
- Arlo DiCristina (2018-Present) – The first time Ryan went public with her relationship with Arlo DiCristina was in November 2018 on Instagram. They made their first appearance as a couple on the cover of Inked magazine’s January 2019 issue. Arlo is a former pro-MMA-fighter-turned-tattoo-artist.
Race / Ethnicity
However, she dyes her hair ‘platinum blonde’.
- Nose ring
- Sharp jawline
- Extensive tattoos covering her whole body including her neck
Ryan has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- FK Irons
- Balm Tattoo
- Eternal Ink
- Wipe Outz
- Hive Caps
Best Known For
- Being the first female tattoo artist to win the reality TV competition Ink Master in season 8 in 2016
- Her trademark black-and-gray tattoo designs which bear elaborate elements like beadworks, ornamental jewels, and lace details
First TV Show
In 2016, Ryan made her TV show debut as a contestant on season 8 of the reality series Ink Master.
Ryan Ashley Malarkey Favorite Things
- Rock Bands – The Gaslight Anthem, The National
- Musicians – Angel Olsen, Post Malone, Lana Del Rey
- TV Shows – Cosmic Disclosure
Source – InkedMag.com
Ryan Ashley Malarkey Facts
- Before becoming a tattoo artist, Ryan worked as a fashion designer for 5 years in New York City with a private label. She worked extensively with beadworks, embroidery, appliqués for garments, and lace details, which are also reflected in her current tattoo designs.
- In her early 20s, Ryan had to undergo surgery for a thyroid condition. As a result, she was put on thyroid replacement and suffered from side-effects like hair fall, weight fluctuations, etc.
- In September 2018, she partnered with Apple to speak at the “Today at Apple” seminar in Brooklyn. The seminar focused on the benefits of Apple tools like Procreate and Tattoo Smart in helping enhance tattoo designs.
- Malarkey appeared on the spin-off series, Ink Master: Angels along with Kelly Doty, Gia Rose, and Nikki Simpson in 2017. The show traveled across America in search of local tattoo artists who would face off against the Angels for a spot on the next season of Ink Master.
- She has 3 pets, all Pomeranians, named, Travolta, Toronto, and Gucci. She came across Travolta on the road while filming Ink Master: Angels for 2 seasons from 2017 to 2018.
- Visit her official website @ ryan-ashley-malarkey.format.com.
- Follow Ryan Ashley Malarkey on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Ryan Ashley Malarkey / Instagram