|Ryan Fraser Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 1994|
Ryan Fraser has steadily developed under Eddie Howe’s tutelage to become a solid player for Bournemouth. Howe has not only kept an eye on his on-pitch performances but has also brought changes to his lifestyle. He has convinced Fraser to give up pizza and ice-creams and adopt a much healthier diet plan. He has also ensured that Ryan Fraser has the strength to withstand robust tackling and rough treatment often dished by the defenders in the English Premier League.
Wee Man, Ryzi
He divides his time between Bournemouth, England and Aberdeen, Scotland.
Ryan Fraser went to the Kincorth Academy, an Aberdeen based secondary school. He left the school at the age of 16 after signing a contract with Aberdeen FC.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Graeme Fraser (He used to work offshore.)
- Mother – Debbie Fraser (She was a 100m sprinter for Scotland.)
- Siblings – Ryan Fraser is the only child.
Ryan Fraser is represented by Jon McLeish, who is the son of Scottish football manager, Alex McLeish.
Winger, Attacking Midfielder
30 – Aberdeen FC
20 – Aberdeen FC, Scotland National team, AFC Bournemouth
24 – AFC Bournemouth
14 – Ipswich Town
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Fraser prefers to keep the spotlight firmly on his game and, therefore, avoids discussing his personal life on public platforms, making it difficult for us to speculate anything about his relationship status.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short height
- Stocky build
Ryan Fraser hasn’t endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
Being one of the most exciting attacking Scottish players. He has steadily improved under the tutelage of Bournemouth manager, Eddie Howe, to become a consistent performer in the English Top Flight.
First Soccer Match
In October 2010, Ryan Fraser made his professional debut with Aberdeen FC in a match against Heart of Midlothian. He was just 16 years old at the time of his debut.
In February 2013, he made his competitive debut for AFC Bournemouth in a League One match against Sheffield United. He was sent in the 2nd half as his team sought to unsuccessfully overturn a 1-0 deficit.
In June 2017, Fraser made his first international appearance for the Scotland national team in a 2-2 draw against England.
- Ball Control
- Defensive work rate
- Sometimes inconsistency creeps into his game
First TV Show
In 2015, Ryan made his first TV show appearance on the sports show, Football on 5: The Championship.
Ryan Fraser Facts
- He lived in Oman for a brief period of time because of his father’s job. However, when his father realized that Ryan was good at soccer, he decided to quit his job and head back to Aberdeen.
- At Aberdeen, he started making a favorable impression in the first half of the 2012-13 season. He was even recognized as Young Player of the Month in September and October 2012.
- In December 2012, Ryan decided to reject a contract extension offered by the Scottish club.
- In January 2013, AFC Bournemouth paid Aberdeen a transfer fee of £400,000 to secure Fraser. He signed a 3-year deal with the new club.
- His decision to reject the extension from Aberdeen and to agree to a move to Bournemouth didn’t sit well with the Scottish club’s fans. His parents had to face ridicule for their son’s decision to move to an inferior club. Bournemouth was playing in the 3rd division of English football while Aberdeen was competing in the top division of Scotland.
- After Bournemouth secured a promotion to English Premier League, they decided to send Fraser to Ipswich Town on a season-long loan. While playing for his new club in Championship, he recorded 4 goals in 17 matches.
- In December 2016, Ryan scored his first Premier League goal for Bournemouth in a 4-3 win over Liverpool. He was substituted in at the half-time with his side trailing by 2-0. He won the penalty kick for the 1st goal, scored the 2nd one, and assisted the 3rd goal as well.
- At the end of the 2014-15 season, he won Football League Championship with Bournemouth.
- Follow Ryan Fraser on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Ryan Fraser / Instagram