|Sarah Snook Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 1, 1987|
Sarah Snook is an Australian actress who came to prominence with her important portrayal of Lorna Whyte in the hit television series of Sisters of War in 2010. Thereafter, she appeared as many other notable characters such as Stevie in Not Suitable for Children (2012), Mandy’s Mum in These Final Hours (2013), Jane in Predestination (2014), Gertrude Pratt in The Dressmaker (2015), as Andrea Cunningham in the biographical drama film Steve Jobs (2015), and Marian Marriott in Winchester (2018). Besides her notability, she has made various other TV show appearances in hit shows like My Place (2011), Spirited (2011), Redfern Now (2013), and Succession. Her incredible skills have earned her a number of awards including the AACTA for “Best Lead Actress” twice. With time, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 50k followers on Instagram.
Sarah did her schooling from St John’s Grammar School, Belair. Later, she started attending Scotch College in Torrens Park. After that, she studied at Sydney’s National Institute of Dramatic Art, from where she graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 2008.
- Siblings – She has 2 older sisters.
- Others – Valentina (Neice)
Sarah is represented by –
- Shanahan Management
- United Talent Agency
- Principato-Young Entertainment
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah has dated –
- Angus MacDonald (2010-Present) – Sarah has been in a relationship with a man by the name of Angus MacDonald. However, she has preferred to keep silent about her personal life, leaving the media with nothing more than the name of her partner.
Race / Ethnicity
She prefers to dye her hair blonde.
- Red hair
- Beautiful eyes
- Pale skin
Best Known For
- Being cast as Stevie in Not Suitable for Children (2012), Mandy’s Mum in These Final Hours (2013), Jane in Predestination (2014), Gertrude Pratt in The Dressmaker (2015), and Marian Marriott in Winchester (2018)
- Her appearance as Andrea Cunningham in the biographical drama film Steve Jobs (2015)
- Starring in many TV shows such as Sister Of War (2010), My Place (2011), Spirited (2011), Redfern Now (2013), and Succession
- Receiving various awards including the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Awards
Sarah made her debut theatrical film appearance as a “Flatmate” in director Julia Leigh’s drama and romance movie Sleeping Beauty in 2011. She was cast along with the likes of actor Emily Browning, Rachael Blake, Ewen Leslie, and many more.
First TV Show
She made her debut TV show appearance as Sophie in All Saints in 2009. She was cast alongside various actors including Judith McGrath, Georgie Parker, Jeremy Cumpston, Sam Healy, and Libby Tanner.
According to sources, Sarah does workout whenever she can find the time. Besides that, her adventurous passion helps keep the fat burning.
She is also quite particular about what she consumes.
Sarah Snook Favorite Things
- Australian City – Melbourne
Source – i-D
Sarah Snook Facts
- She spent her childhood years with her 2 older sisters in a home that was situated on Shepherds Hill Road, Eden Hills.
- Her parents parted ways when she was quite young.
- Her enthusiasm for acting earned her a scholarship to attend Scotch College to study drama.
- Sarah began her career as an actress with a theater production in Sydney.
- She considers film producer Ande Cunningham to be her brother.
- Sarah is very skilled at the ukulele. She once wrote a beautiful song about her niece as well.
- When she’s not on set shooting, Sarah enjoys spending her time uploading fun content on her Instagram for her fans and traveling to various places with her friends and family.
- If she had not been an actress, she would have picked the profession of a tour guide.
- Sarah has appeared in many stage productions such as Macbeth, Gallipoli, King Lear, and Saint Joan.
- She was rewarded #2 place for the 2011 Australians in Film’s “Heath Ledger Scholarship.”
- Sarah was one of many actresses who were considered for the role of actress Rooney Mara‘s Lisbeth Salander in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011).
- She once dressed as a fairy for a children’s party and also worked at the Vibe Hotel in Sydney.
- Sarah never goes on a trip without packing seashells and a painting of an Australian bay that was given to her by a friend.
- In the film Predestination (2014), Sarah played the role of a transsexual young man named Jane. She had done a lot of research to fit herself into the character.
- Sarah is not very keen on using social media.
- Her great aunt, who as of 2015 was 90 also studied acting in London during her ’20s.
- She has always looked up to actress Cate Blanchett for inspiration.
- Sarah prefers to get herself second-hand things as compared to buying something new. She also appreciates designers like YB J’aime.
- She is very passionate about photography.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image By Sarah Snook / Instagram