|Shaggy 2 Dope Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1974|
|Spouse||Renee Youtslur Wilkins|
Shaggy 2 Dope is an American rapper, record producer, DJ, and professional wrestler who is known for his wrestling career as well as his music career. Dope is a member of an American hip-hop duo named as Insane Clown Posse. He collaborated with other famous personalities to form a record label titled Psychopathic Records in 1991. Shaggy is a co-founder and expert commentator at professional wrestling promotion Juggalo Championship Wrestling. Shaggy 2 Dope has participated in Extreme Championship Wrestling (1997), ICP’s Strangle-Mania Live (1997), World Wrestling Federation (1998), Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (2004, 2006), and Return to JCW.
Joseph William Utsler
Kangol Joe, Guy Gorfey, Gweedo, Ham’d Burglah, 2 Dope, Shaggy 2 Dope, Gold D, Full Clip, Mr. Club, Southwest Strangla, Bazooka Joey, Stretch Nuts, Rhino
White Tiger, Sewer Dwella, Harley Guestella
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Details and information regarding her academic career are not known.
Rapper, Record Producer, DJ, Wrestler
- Father – David Utsler
- Mother – Donna Utsler
- Siblings – John Utsler (Older Brother) (Deceased), Mike Utsler (Younger Brother), Tracey Utsler (Sister)
Alex Abbiss was the former manager of Shaggy 2 Dope.
Hip-Hop, Horrorcore, Rap Rock
- Psychopathic Records
- Jive Records
- Hollywood Records
- Island Records
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shaggy 2 Dope has dated –
- Jamesa Tzay-Aronoff – Shaggy and his former girlfriend Jamesa were dating in the past. The couple got engaged after 7 years of dating and later broke up. They have 3 children – 2 twin boys, Cyrus and Isaac Utsler (b. July 24, 1996), and a daughter named Mahala (b. 2002).
- Renee Youtslur Wilkins – Shaggy 2 Dope is currently married to Renee Youtslur Wilkins and the duo is parenting 2 kids, a son named Ronan (b. 2015) and a daughter named Leonna (b. 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
Shaggy 2 Dope has half Polish and half Cherokee Indian ancestry.
- Mostly seen covering his face with paint
- Long and thick African braids
Shaggy 2 Dope has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- His face paint style, body tattoos, and his wrestling tactics
- Being a member of the popular hip hop duo Insane Clown Posse along with Violent J
Shaggy 2 Dope released his debut album titled F.T.F.O. on February 21, 2006, via Psychopathic Records.
As a member of Insane Clown Posse, he released his debut album titled Carnival of Carnage in 1992.
Shaggy made his theatrical film debut in the comedy film Big Money Rustlas in 2010 as Sheriff Sugar Wolf.
First TV Show
Shaggy 2 Dope made his first TV show appearance on Howard Stern in 1998.
As a professional wrestler, Shaggy follows a complete fitness regime including weightlifting and strengthening exercises. He focuses on muscle workout. Dope did professional wrestling training under the supervision of the trainers Al Costello and Denny Kass.
Shaggy 2 Dope Facts
- He was raised in Wayne, Michigan.
- Shaggy’s older brother John Utsler, known by his stage name John Kickjazz was found dead in a group home in Michigan on November 20, 2015.
- Utsler was a lawbreaker during his teen years.
- During his teenage, Shaggy suffered from depression and anxiety.
- He was a drunkard and a drug addict and spent most of his time in several drug rehabilitation centers.
- In September 2009, Dope started to cut off from the drug pills and began to mend his drinking habits. By 2011, he became a complete sober.
- On September 1, 2009, in the American talk radio show The Howard Stern Show, he told that he stopped consuming alcohol and drugs because he was about to suffer from the cirrhosis of the liver.
- Dope designed Hatchetman, the logo of his record label Psychopathic Records and has drawn numerous album covers for Insane Clown Posse.
- His older son, Cyrus, became a member of the armed forces in Fort Riley, Kansas, after completing his higher education in 2014.
- Shaggy had a near death experience because of low blood sugar and the flu while performing in a concert.
- He began his music career as Kangol Joe in 1989, teaming up with Joseph Bruce, as Jagged Joe, and John Utsler, as Master J, naming the trio JJ Boys and released the first single titled Party at the Top of the Hill. They changed their band name to Inner City Posse and performed under the stage names Violent J, 2 Dope, and John Kickjazz at the nightclubs.
- In 1991, after releasing numerous songs and albums, the trio selected Alex Abbiss as their manager. Alex was the owner of a record store.
- In late 1991, the group Inner City Posse changed their name to Insane Clown Posse.
- In 1992, John Utsler left the group, and both the other members, Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J started performing under their changed names as “wicked clowns”. Their songs are inspired by the hardcore hip hop known as horrorcore. The duo achieved 2 ‘platinum’ and 5 ‘gold’ albums, and by April 2007, more than 7 million copies of the records were sold in both United States and Canada.
- In 1994, Dope released his solo EP titled F*ck Off! which included only four songs.
- In 1995, Shaggy 2 Dope began his band Golden Goldies, consisting of the members Violent J (Golden Jelly), Shaggy 2 Dope (Gold D), Robert Bruce (Golden Gram), Billy Bill (Gold Double B), Alex Abbiss (Gold Rocks), Mike E. Clark (Gold Digger), Rich Murrell (Golden Warrior), Frank G (Golden Frank), Keith (Gold Teeth), Josh (Rold Gold), Kelly Eubanks (Gold Spud), Fink the East Side G (Golden Toby), and Matt Mackalantie (Gold Spakalantie). The group is inspired individually by gold, and the lyrics are also about gold.
- Dope started a group named Dark Lotus in 1998 which consisted of Bruce and Utsler of Insane Clown Posse, Jamie Spaniolo, and Paul Methric of Twiztid, and Blaze Ya Dead Homie. The group members used to perform as a Lotus petal. However, the group dissolved on January 19, 2017.
- The band Psychopathic Rydas was formed in 1999, collaborating with Bruce (Bullet), Utsler (Full Clip), Methric (Foe Foe), Spaniolo (Lil’ Shank), Rouleau (Cell Block), and David Hutto (Yung Dirt).
- A group named Soopa Villainz came into existence in 2002. The group members were Lavel (Mr. Heart), Bruce (Mr. Diamond), Esham (Mr. Spade) and Utsler (Mr. Club). The group separated in October 2005.
- Shaggy 2 Dope’s music is all about old school hip hop, new school hip hop, and gangsta rap.
- Run–D.M.C., Ice-T, Rodney O & Joe Cooley, Afrika Bambaataa, Esham, N.W.A, Ice Cube, Awesome Dre, and Geto Boys inspire him.
- Shaggy 2 Dope started his wrestling career in 1983 with his brother John and his friend Violent J.
- He began backyard wrestling and then National All-Star Wrestling.
- Shaggy 2 Dope has participated in Extreme Championship Wrestling (1997), ICP’s Strangle-Mania Live (1997), World Wrestling Federation (1998), Hellfire Wrestling (1998), World Championship Wrestling (1999–2000), Return to the Independent Circuit, Return to JCW, and Limp Bizkit (2018).
- Visit his official website @ insaneclownposse.com.
- Shaggy 2 Dope doesn’t have any verified social media account.
Featured Image by violentsiolence / Flickr / CC BY-2.0