Siti Nurhaliza binti Tarudin
Datin Sri, Dato’ Sri
Kampung Awah, Temerloh, Pahang, Malaysia
Siti Nurhaliza started her education at the pre-school Tabika Perkep, Balai Polis Kampung Awah.
She later got enrolled at the Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Clifford.
After completing her primary school, she got admission at the Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Clifford for her secondary education.
- Father – Tarudin Ismail (Police Officer)
- Mother – Siti Salmah Bachik (Housewife and Local traditional singer)
- Siblings – Siti Saerah (Sister) (Singer), Siti Nursaida (Sister), Muhammad Ali (Brother), Siti Norsaida (Sister) (Singer), Muhammad Hafiz (Brother), Saiful Bahri Tarudin (Brother) (Singer), Saiful Lizan (Brother)
She is represented by Siti Nurhaliza Productions (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Irama Malaysia, Pop, Pop rock, R&B, Soft rock, Dance-pop, Nasheed, World
- Suria Records (1995–2005)
- Siti Nurhaliza Productions
- What’s Up Entertainment
- Universal Music
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Siti Nurhaliza has dated –
- Datuk Khalid (2006-Present) – In July 2006, Siti and her fiancé Datuk Khalid, who is a well-known entrepreneur, announced that they were going to get married in August. Siti was widely criticized for getting married to a much older man with four sons. It was also claimed that Siti was responsible for Khalid’s separation from Tengku Zawyah Tengku Izham. Later, there was criticism about their over the top and lavish wedding. Some sources claimed that they had spent somewhere around 4 million dollars on the wedding. In October 2017, she took to her social media account to reveal that she was expecting their first child.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Malays ancestry.
- Round face
- Puffy cheeks
Siti has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Mitsubishi Motors
- TM Net
Best Known For
Being one of the bestselling and most successful singers in the Malaysian music industry. In fact, in 2001, her album sales were the 10% portion of the overall record sales. She has sold over 5 million records in the course of her career.
- In 1996, she released her first Malaysian/Indonesian studio album, Siti Nurhaliza I. She had got an opportunity to record the album after having won Bintang HMI 1995, a singing competition organized by RTM.
- Her first English language studio album was All Your Love, which was released in 2011.
In 2009, she gave her voice to the Kunang-Kunang character in Kelip-Kelip.
She herself has not appeared in the theatrical films.
First TV Show
In 1995, Siti made her first TV show appearance on the talent show, Bintang RTM.
Information about her workout routine and diet plan isn’t available.
Siti Nurhaliza Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – SimplySiti Compact Powder, Eyebrow Liner, and Lipstick
Source – Lipstiq
Siti Nurhaliza Facts
- At the age of 12, she sang Bahtera Merdeka at the Merdeka Day Singing Contest, which was a local patriotic song competition. She went on to win the contest. It was one of her first biggest wins.
- When she was studying in school, she often used to participate in netball competition. She even participated in the netball competition held at the Fiesta Media Idola 2006.
- While growing up, her family was poor. At the age of 9, she had to get up at 4 a.m. so as to assist her mother in making kuih (a Malaysian snack), which her mother used to sell in the neighborhood.
- While growing up, she often used to accompany her uncle Abdul Rahim Bachik to perform at private events such as dinner parties and wedding ceremonies.
- She started learning how to sing traditional songs from her mother at the age of 12.
- At the age of 14, she auditioned for the star search show, Asia Bagus but failed to make to the main stages of the show.
- When she signed her first record contract with Suria Records, she had turned down 4 major international companies including Warner Music, BMG Music, and Sony Music.
- At the age of 19, she established her own production company Siti Nurhaliza Productions (M) Sdn. Bhd. She has also founded 4 subsidiary companies – Siti Nurhaliza Collections Sdn. Bhd., Siti Nurhaliza Marketing Sdn. Bhd., Siti Sound Sdn. Bhd. and SN Mobile Digital Sdn. Bhd.
- She has started her exclusive range of tea under the label of Ctea, which is a Malaysian tea that is cultivated on Mount Kinabalu, Sabah. The tea comes in two flavors – Pandan and Geranium Special.
- Siti has started her beauty care and cosmetics brand, Simply Siti Sdn. Bhd. She serves as the president of the company.
- Visit her official website @ simplysiti.com.my.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Azrol Azmi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0