|Sofia Helin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1972|
Sofia Helin is a talented Swedish actress who is renowned for her roles in Lifeboat, Bron/Broen, The Same Sky, The Snowman, Man Divided, and Aspiranterna. She started acting at the Calle Flygares Theatre School and the Stockholm Theatre Academy. Sofia is also a committed philanthropist and is associated with Water Aids Sweden.
Sofia Margareta Helin
Hovsta, Örebro län, Sweden
Sofia Helin attended Lund University in Sweden and graduated with a degree in Philosophy. She studied at the Calle Flygares Theatre School in Stockholm from 1994-1996. Then in 2001, she graduated from the Stockholm Theatre Academy, Sweden.
- Father – He was a salesman.
- Mother – She was a nurse.
- Siblings – She had an older brother who was involved in a car accident and passed away at the age of 6.
- Others – She has 2 step-siblings and a step-father.
Sofia Helin is represented by Dallas Smith and Sarah Roberts, Agents, United Agents Ltd., London, United Kingdom.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sofia Helin has dated –
- Daniel Götschenhjelm – Sofia is married to a priest of the Church of Sweden and former actor, Daniel Götschenhjelm. They met in a drama school. The couple is blessed with a son named Ossian Götschenhjelm and a daughter named Nike Götschenhjelm.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beautiful eyes
- Has a scar above the right side of her lip
Sofia Helin hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
Her versatile roles in films and TV series including Lifeboat (2018), Bron/Broen, The Same Sky, The Snowman (2017), Man Divided (2017), That Good Night (2017), The Divine Order (2017), Ragnarok (2013), Svaleskär (2011), Åsa-Nisse – Wälkom to Knohult (2011), Arn: The Knight Templar (2010), Arn: The Kingdom at the End of the Road (2008), Arn: The Knight Templar (2007), Nina Frisk (2007), Bloodbrothers (2005), Dalecarlians (2004), Four Shades of Brown (2004), Aspiranterna (1998), Anna Holt – polis (1996), and many more
In 2003, she made her theatrical film debut in the action crime thriller film At Point Blank as Klara.
In 2009, she made her theatrical film debut as a voice actress in the animated mystery drama film Metropia as the voice of Anna Svensson.
First TV Show
In 1996, she made her first TV show appearance in the drama series Rederiet as Minna.
Sofia Helin Favorite Things
- Time Of Year – September
- Coffee Shop – Albert and Jack’s
Source – Radio Times
Sofia Helin Facts
- She was raised in a small village called Linghem, outside Linköping.
- At the age of 4, her parents divorced, and she lived with her mother and stepfather.
- When she was in middle class, she did painting and short plays.
- She got her facial scar when she met with a cycling accident at the age of 24.
- She is more of a tea drinker.
- Her biggest indulgence is having a massage, which she has once in a week.
- During December, she likes to take her children skating to Kungstradgarden every Saturday morning.
- She has also worked as an executive producer on the TV series Bron/Broen in 2018.
- She has been featured in magazines like Radio Times, The Times, and many more.
- Sofia has worked as an ambassador for Water Aids Sweden.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Gus Kaage / www.mynewsdesk.com / CC BY-3.0