|Stevie B Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1958|
Stevie B is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who is known for releasing several chart-topping albums and singles and for influencing Latin freestyle music with his work. His song, Because I Love You (The Postman Song), from the album titled Love & Emotion became very popular and topped the Billboard Adult Contemporary as well as the Billboard Hot 100 charts. The album itself was certified ‘Gold’ in the United States and was ranked at number #16 in the Japan Oricon chart and at number #54 in the US Billboard 200 chart. Some of Stevie B’s other albums include In My Eyes, Love & Emotion, Funky Melody, Waiting for Your Love, Freestyle Then and Now!, The King of Hearts, Never Gonna Let You Go, and B-Sides and Outtakes. He has also worked with the famous rapper, Pitbull, on the remix of his single titled Spring Love. Moreover, Stevie B has also garnered a huge fan following with thousands of fans from Brazil as well as an impressive social media fan base with more than 150k followers on Facebook and more than 50k followers on Instagram.
Steven Bernard Hill
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
The details related to Stevie B’s academic qualifications are not known.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Stevie B is represented by Almond Talent Agency, Talent Agency, West Hollywood, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
Dance, Latin Freestyle, R&B, Pop, Electronic
Vocals, Electronic Keyboard, Drum Machine
- LeFrak-Moelis Records (LMR)
- RCA Records
- Saja /Atlantic Records
- Empire Musicwerks
- VI Music
- Universal Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stevie B has dated –
- Paula Hill – Stevie B is in a relationship with Paula Hill who can often be seen in his Instagram feed as he frequently uploads their loved-up pictures on social media. They have been together for quite a while and can often be spotted attending various events.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Round face
- Deep set eyes
Best Known For
- Releasing his 3rd album, titled Love & Emotion, in 1990 via LMR/RCA. It consisted of songs such as Love & Emotion, Because I Love You (The Postman Song), Forever More, Facts of Love, Who’s Lovin’ You Tonight?, Memories of Loving You, and I’ll Be By Your Side. The song, Because I Love You (The Postman Song), gained immense popularity and topped the Billboard Adult Contemporary as well as the Billboard Hot 100 charts, as it remained on the top for 4 weeks on the latter. The album was certified ‘Gold’ in the United States on January 8, 1991, and was ranked at number #16 in the Japan Oricon chart, at number #54 in the US The Billboard 200 chart, and at number #50 in the Sweden Sverigetopplistan chart.
- Having worked extensively in the freestyle genre of music and for releasing a number of albums such as Party Your Body, In My Eyes, Love & Emotion, Funky Melody, Waiting for Your Love, Freestyle Then and Now!, The King of Hearts, Never Gonna Let You Go, and B-Sides and Outtakes
Stevie B released his debut album, Party Your Body, in 1988 via LMR/BCM which consisted of tracks such as Party Your Body, I Need You, Stop The Love, Dreamin’ of Love, Spring Love, Baby I’m A Fool For Love, and No More Tears. The album was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on October 10, 1990, and was ranked at number #78 in the US Billboard 200 chart and at number #63 in the US Billboard Top R&B Albums chart.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in an episode titled Music Day of the family music series, The All New Mickey Mouse Club, in November 1989.
Stevie B Facts
- Before Stevie B started gaining recognition for his musical gifts, he used to work different jobs such as car washing and fast food business. Eventually, his track, titled Party Your Body, which was released in 1987, was well-received by the audience and was ranked at number #40 in the US Dance Club Songs chart and at number #67 in the US Hot R&B /Hip-Hop Songs chart.
- In 1988, he released his 2nd album, In My Eyes, through LMR/RCA which included songs such as I Wanna Be the One, Girl I Am Searching for You, Love Me For Life, In My Eyes, Children Of Tomorrow, and Lifetime Love Affair. Some of his initial top 40 hits included the songs I Wanna Be the One, In My Eyes, and Love Me For Life from this album which was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on August 16, 1989, and was ranked at number #28 in the Canada RPM Top 100 Albums chart.
- His music style is particularly admired by the urban youth and has gained him a huge number of fans in Brazil, many of whom hail from the slums of both Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo.
- In 1994, Stevie B released Funky Melody via Thump Records which included tracks such as Funky Melody, Running Back, Dream About You, Girl I Love Ya, If You Still Love Me, and Waiting for Your Love. The album was placed at number #29 in the Canada RPM Top 100 Albums chart and at number #92 in the Japan Oricon chart.
- He released his album, The Terminator, in 2009 which included a remixed version of one of his popular singles, Spring Love, with a guest performance by rapper, singer, and songwriter, Pitbull, while its music video featured Russian model Anita Sikorska.
- On April 10, 2019, Stevie B talked about the lack of freestyle music and the state of the genre in general on Facebook.
- He got into legal trouble when the Springfield, Massachusetts police officers arrested him on September 30, 2011, after his concert in MassMutual Center in Massachusetts due to his owing $420,000 in unpaid child support.
- Follow Stevie B on Instagram, Spotify, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Stevie B / Instagram