|Sylvia Hoeks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1983|
Sylvia Hoeks started her career as a model in her early teens. However, she wasn’t satisfied by being a mere fashion model and got enrolled in a drama school to polish her acting skills. Soon after, she started acting in Dutch movies and TV series. She got her first big breakthrough with her role in the Jos Stelling film Duska. She got international recognition with her work in the neo-noir movie, Blade Runner 2049.
Sylvia Gertrudis Martyna Hoeks
Sylvia Hoecks, Sylvia Hoek
Maarheeze, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
After completing her high school education, Sylvia Hoeks graduated from the Maastricht Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Sylvia Hoeks is represented by London based Curtis Brown.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sylvia Hoeks has dated –
- Boaz Kroon – Sylvia is reported to be in a relationship with musician Boaz Kroon. They have, reportedly, been spotted on dates by the Dutch media.
Race / Ethnicity
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU) or 3.5 (UK)
Sylvia Hoeks has done endorsement work for some of the leading fashion brands.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in a supporting role in the science fiction movie, Blade Runner 2049. The leading stars in the movie were Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling, Jared Leto, and Dave Bautista.
- Having played the leading role in the thriller TV series, Adultery
- Having been cast in a supporting role in the action thriller movie, Renegades
In 2005, she made her feature film debut in the French drama movie, Frankie, which had Diane Kruger in the lead role.
First TV Show
In 2005, Sylvia Hoeks made her first TV show appearance in the talk-show, Goedemorgen Nederland.
To prepare for her role in Blade Runner 2049, she undertook a special training regime. She worked out 6 days a week and spent 6 hours in the gym daily. She dedicated 1 and a half hours to weight training and spent 2 to 3 hours doing cardio and the remaining time was reserved for martial arts training. After following her grueling workout regime for 3 months, she managed to gain around 16 pounds of extra muscle.
If she isn’t preparing for any movie role, she simply relies on walking her dogs as her workout needs. She is also a fan of Yoga and Pilates on the Machine and tries to perform these whenever she feels like.
When it comes to nutrition, she prefers to stay away from red meat. If she wants to eat meat, she eats a burger. Overall, she follows a largely vegetarian diet and usually relies on fish for her protein needs. She also refrains from eating bread and especially avoids eating it for lunch as it makes her feel tired.
Sylvia Hoeks Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – Louis Widmer Remederm Cream, Olaplex, Primrose Oil
- Breakfast Spot – In-N-Out
- Lunch Spot – Shake Shack
- Dinner Spot – Umami Burger
Source – TheNewPotato.com
Sylvia Hoeks Facts
- She was discovered at the age of 14 by Elite Model Management in her native country.
- The first big modeling gig that she got was to model for the cover of Elle Girl.
- As her modeling career took off, she had to balance her high school studies with her long and intense work commitments that required her to travel all around Europe.
- She got her first big acting breakthrough in 2007 after she was cast in the Dutch movie, Duska. Her great performance in the movie helped her win Golden Calf award for Best Actress which is equivalent to the Academy Award in the Netherlands.
- When she was taking acting classes at the Maastricht Academy of Dramatic Arts, the fellow students often used to question why a model was studying with them. So, she used to try to look as regular as possible.
- In 2011, the European Film Promotion named her as one of the European films’ Shooting Stars.
- She is multi-lingual and is fluent in French, English, Dutch, and German.
- Follow Sylvia Hoeks on Instagram.
Featured Image by Pim Thomassen / wikiportret.nl / CC BY 3.0