Adrenal fatigue which has become almost a syndrome is increasing at a very fast pace in today’s time. Adrenal fatigue can aptly be called syndrome of modern era. More than 80% people today have become victim of this syndrome at some point of time in their lives.
That being said, you cannot get careless about it, because hormones released by adrenal controls various functions of your body such as your heart beat, blood pressure, blood sugar level etc. Leaving the issue unresolved is just like giving invitation to several terrible diseases.
What is Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal fatigue occurs in your body when you go through prolonged period of stress. Adrenal actually are glands located above your kidney. They release numerous hormones such as estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, cortisol etc. These hormones control various functions of your body.
Stress which is the strongest foe of a healthy body makes this gland become dysfunctional, as a result of which release of hormones from adrenal gland gets improper. Cortisol hormone controls stress in your body.
Whenever you are stressed, adrenal gland releases cortisol hormone in high quantity to deal with stress. But when you go through incessant and prolonged period of stress, adrenal gland fails to release sufficient number of cortisol hormones, as a result of which you become victim of adrenal fatigue.
Causes of Adrenal Fatigue
Due to poor eating habits, sedentary, and materialistic life, more and more people are becoming victims of adrenal fatigue. Thought stress is the main cause of adrenal fatigue, but if you are not a victim of stress, there are some other factors also causing adrenal fatigue in you. Let’s find out what they are.
- Recurring chronic or acute respiratory infections such as influenza, pneumonia, bronchitis etc. might get converted into adrenal fatigue.
- Intense medical treatment such as chemotherapy also might affect your adrenal gland adversely.
- Poor sleeping habits and long working hours with no rest also put immense burden on your adrenal gland.
- Long exposure of harmful and toxic chemicals can also cause adrenal fatigue.
Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
Symptoms of adrenal fatigue are so common that most often they are left ignored by people suffering from the syndrome. Let’s have a look at the symptoms of adrenal syndrome. Immediately consult your doctor as soon as you see these symptoms appearing in your body.
- You feel exhausted most of the time, but after six in evening, you feel thrilled and energized as if your day is staring from six.
- You don’t feel fresh after waking up in the morning. No matter how adequately you slept at night, you just feel like going back to sleep again.
- Your blood pressure often goes down, and you feel like having no energy to perform your day to day activities.
- You feel anxious all the time. Despite trying all the ways to bring down your stress, your stress still remains same.
- You get uncontrollable cravings for sweet and salty foods.
- You get no relief from stress even after having long hours of sleep.
- Your immune system becomes weak, due to which your body catches allergies and other diseases very quickly.
- Your muscles become weak and you often experience pain in your muscles.
- You have to consume coffee, tea, and other stimulants to stimulate or energize you to go through routine activities.
- Your metabolic activities get impaired and your body finds it hard to metabolize carbs, fats, proteins, and other essential nutrients.
Treatment of Adrenal Fatigue
To relish a healthy and disease free life, it’s crucial for you to get rid of adrenal fatigue. Let’s have a look at the ways through which you can treat adrenal fatigue.
Take adequate rest while working in office. Don’t continue working for long hours without providing any rest to your body. Take stroll for at least ten minutes to relax both your body and mind. In addition to that, sleep for eight to nine hours at night.
Engage in Fun Activity
Engage yourself in some kind of fun activity. Don’t let your life become stagnant; you are likely to become victim of depression if you are living a life having no thrill and excitement in it. Give yourself a reason to live. Do what excites you the most. When you are happy, there is release of noble hormones in your body which rev up the functioning of both your body and mind.
Ignore Negative People
Mind the kind of group you are socializing with. If you are the most cheerful and positive person in your group, it’s high time you shall start finding a new group. Negative people are just like energy drainers. If most of your friends have negative attitude, try to ignore spending much time in their company. Their negative attitude will influence you and will make your life bitter. Instead of focusing on good parts of your life, your focus will get shifted to the wrongs of life.
Follow healthy and physically active lifestyle. Spend minimum thirty minutes in a day to practice workouts. Workouts enhance your blood circulation, suffice oxygen to all the organs of your body, and make your temperament cheerful. In addition to that, they program your brain to stay happy. Watch a lot of comic movies, plays etc., which make you laugh. Happiness and joy are the best remedies, which are more precious and powerful than any other treatment. If you vow to stay jovial, you will naturally get more happiness in your life.
Provide adequate nourishment to your body by inculcating carbs, proteins, healthy fats, and other vital nutrients and minerals in proportionate amount in your diet. Dearth of nutrients is also a huge reason responsible for inadequate release of hormones in your body. Besides that, refrain from unhealthy, junk, and processed foods and prefer consuming fresh and whole foods. Never have your meals in rush; consider them as important as you consider other important deeds of your day.
Some people are photo-sensitive, which means they cannot bear long exposure of rays coming from TV and computer. It becomes hard for them to get to sleep, when they watch TV and computer for very long time. If you are also one of them, restrain the time spent on TV and computer. Preferably stop watching them minimum three hours before going to bed.