|Tara Moore Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1992|
Tara Moore has made a lot of sacrifices for her tennis career. She moved to the United States at a very young age. She has made her hard work and sacrifices count with her strong performances in the ITF circuit, which has helped her get a shot at high profile WTA events. Apart from her good performances, she has also attracted attention for a couple of off-court things. She has been in trouble with Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) due to her attitude problems.
Tara Shanice Moore
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Tara Moore went to the King George V School in Hong Kong.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
In 2010, she signed a representation deal with the London-based Global Tennis Connections (GTC).
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tara Moore has dated –
- Conny Perrin – Tara Moore first met fellow professional tennis player Conny Perrin in 2011 at a tournament held in France. They were introduced by a mutual friend. They started dating soon after. However, it didn’t work out for them as they struggled with their busy schedule and constant touring all over the world. Later, they managed to get back together and learned to manage their busy work schedules. In September 2017, they got engaged. Moore proposed to her girlfriend during their romantic vacations at Lake Garda. They have even faced each other in the second qualifying round at a WTA tournament in Rabat, Morocco in which Perrin won the match in straight sets by 6-1, 6-2.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has English ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she traces her ancestry back to Hong Kong.
- Tara Moore has a personal endorsement deal with Angell Sport and RS – Robin Söderling. She has used her social media posts to promote these brands.
- In 2010, she signed a long-term endorsement deal with Adidas International.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
Having won several matches in singles and doubles category in tennis, having achieved a world ranking of #145 in May 2017
First Tennis Match
In August 2006, she made her professional tennis debut at the tournament in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
She hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till now.
First TV Show
Apart from the telecast of the tennis matches, Tara Moore hasn’t made an appearance in any TV show till now.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Tara Moore Favorite Things
- Tennis Surface – Grass
Source – ITF Tennis
Tara Moore Facts
- When she was 10 years old, she decided to move to the United States and join the famous Nick Bollettieri Academy. It was her mentor Scott Fu who had suggested the move and had used his links to ensure that his student gets the best tennis education.
- She was 16 years old when she was again on the move. This time, she moved to the United Kingdom to start her professional career.
- She started playing tennis on her mother’s insistence. Her mother wanted Tara to be healthy and felt tennis was the best option.
- In 2009, she was asked to leave the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) National Tennis Centre (NTC) due to her poor attitude and lack of professionalism.
- In December 2013, her funding was cut off by LTA. The association felt that she hadn’t been giving satisfactory results.
- In 2014, she made her British Fed Cup debut as she was included in the team that faced Austria in the 9th/10th placed playoff.
- Follow her on Twitter.
Featured Image by Diliff / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0