|Terri Nunn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 26, 1961|
Terri Nunn is an American singer and actress who is most well recognized as the lead singer of the American new wave band Berlin. She had joined the group in 1978 and temporarily left in 1979 to chase her dreams of an acting career. She appeared in numerous TV series in the next couple of years before re-joining the band in 1981 as their lead vocalist. Terri’s greatest claim to fame arrived in 1986 with the single Take My Breath Away which became the theme song for the Tom Cruise-starrer action-drama film Top Gun (1986), peaked at number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts, and won both the Academy Award for ‘Best Original Song’ and the Golden Globe Award for ‘Best Original Song’. She later embarked on a solo career and recorded songs for several films. Her first solo studio album titled Moment of Truth was launched in 1991.
Terri Kathleen Nunn
Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
Santa Rosa Valley, Ventura County, California, United States
Terri had attended the Santa Monica High School in California.
- Father – Larry Nunn (Painter, Former Child Actor) (d. 1974)
- Siblings – She has a brother.
- Others – Pamela Moore (Cousin) (Singer)
She is represented by –
- Andrew Lurie, Manager, Mint Artist Management, Inc., Los Angeles, California, United States
- The M.O.B. Agency, Booking Agent, Los Angeles, California, United States
Rock, New Wave, Industrial Rock, Post-Punk, Dance, Synthpop
- DGC Records
- Purple Pyramid Records
- Mercury Records
- Enigma Records
- M.A.O. Records
- Geffen Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Terri has dated –
- Richard Blade (1982-1983)
- Michael Hutchence (1985) – Terri had a brief fling with Australian musician Michael Hutchence in 1985 after they met at an INXS concert in London where she was recording for the album Count Three & Pray (1986). They broke up after INXS returned to Australia.
- Paul Spear (1998-Present) – Terri got married to attorney Paul Spear on May 17, 1998. The couple has a daughter together named Natalie and Terri has 2 stepsons from Paul’s previous marriage(s).
- Dave Navarro (2008) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
She often tends to dye her dark brown.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, neck-length hair
- Affable smile
Terri Nunn Facts
- Terri’s father had committed suicide when she was just 13 years old. 2 years later, in 1976, she had auditioned for the part of Princess Leia in the epic science-fiction film Star Wars (1977). The role eventually went to Carrie Fisher whose career came to be defined by that character.
- In 1977, she had posed for n*de pictures under the name Betsy Harris for the popular Penthouse magazine. She had denied the act for several years because she was still only 16 at that time.
- In 1996, she bought the usage rights to the band name Berlin, re-launched the group with new members, and then released the albums Voyeur (2002), 4Play (2005), Animal (2013), and Transcendance (2019).
- She was a guest judge, in 2010, in a season 2 episode of RuPaul‘s Drag Race, and mentored the participants in a singing challenge.
- She has followed a vegan diet since the age of 19.
Featured Image by Terri Nunn / Instagram