|Vaishnavi Mahant Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1974|
Vaishnavi Mahant is an Indian actress who is well distinguished for her character as Geeta Vishwas in Doordarshan’s Shaktimaan (1998-2005). She is also noted for starring in several other shows such as Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai, Miley Jab Hum Tum, Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke, and Tashan-E-Ishq. Vaishnavi has also been cast in many films like Bambai Ka Babu (1960), Ladlaa (1994), and Barsaat Ki Raat (1998). She has also been accoladed with several awards including the Zee Rishtey Awards.
Madhya Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
The details of Vaishnavi’s educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a younger sister.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vaishnavi has dated –
- Leslie Macdonald – Vaishnavi got married to naval officer Leslie Macdonald in the past. The two were in a relationship for quite some time before finally deciding to tie the knots. Together, the couple has a daughter named Margaret Macdonald.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide smile
- Dimpled cheeks
Vaishnavi has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Geeta Vishwas in Shaktimaan from 1998 to 2005, Shilpa Sharma in Miley Jab Hum Tum from 2008 to 2010, Leela Taneja in Tashan-E-Ishq from 2015 to 2016 and, Vishakha Maheshwari in Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai
- Starring in several films such as Dosti Ke Side Effects (2019), Raja Abroadiya (2018), Who Is the First Wife of My Father (2018), Mummy Punjabi (2011), Bambai Ka Babu (1996), and Laadla (1994)
- Winning several awards including the Zee Rishtey Awards
Vaishnavi made her debut theatrical film appearance as Jasmine Pratap in Veerana in 1988.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Geeta Vishwas in Shaktimaan in 1998.
In 2015, celebrity trainer and choreographer Vivek Dadhich uploaded a picture to his Instagram, captioned ‘Look who attended my fitness class today…’. Apart from that, Vaishnavi has not spoken about her workout routine in public yet. However, she prefers to keep herself at peace through meditation.
Vaishnavi Mahant Favorite Things
- Directors – Mani Ratnam, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Ravi Rai, Anurag Bose
- Actress – Renuka Shahane, Pallavi Joshi, Shefali Chhaya
- Actor – Sachin Khedekar
Source – INDIAN Television
Vaishnavi Mahant Facts
- She was born into a family of diverse religion. Her father was a Vaishnav and mother a Christian.
- Vaishnavi was brought up with the teachings of Hinduism, but she later had herself baptized and started following Christianity during the ’90s.
- She got her name ‘Vaishnavi’ from the religion ‘Vaishnav’ that was followed by her father.
- Vaishnavi spent her childhood days in Hyderabad.
- At the age 8, she was featured in Ramsay Brothers’ Veerana (1988) and later, took up roles in several other films such as Laadla (1994) and Maidan-E-Jung (1995).
- Her passion for being an actress came much after she had filmed Veerana in 1988. At first, she aspired to be a scientist. However, upon her return to Mumbai for a lengthy holiday with her family, she decided to pursue acting as a full-time career.
- She made her first appearance on the silver screen of Tollywood in Oru Mutham Manimutham in 1997.
- In 1998, she substituted actress Kitu Gidwani for the role of Geeta Vishwas in Shaktimaan.
- She had co-anchored the show DD1’s Awaz Ki Duniya alongside actor Rohan Kapoor.
- Vaishnavi keeps her faith in ‘Christ The Almighty’ and looks up to for inspiration.
- She had not taken any kind of formal acting lessons in the past. However, she believes that each character is like a ‘raga’ and to be that character one must understand the ‘sur’ (tune) to it.
- During 2006, she was obsessed with Sony Entertainment Television’s Hum Pardesi Ho Gaye (2001-2002) and Zee TV’s Sarhadein (2001-2003).
- Attaining knowledge through books is something she enjoys doing during her free time. Her genre of interest in 2006, was philosophy and spiritualism.
- In 2006, during an interview with INDIAN Television, Vaishnavi had mentioned about having to give up her career as an actress by the year 2008, as she had been working on a project of much concern.
- Sometime in 2003, Vaishnavi had mentioned that she was part of a church group that wanted to help develop and build the rate of literacy in slum areas.
- In the show, Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai, she plays the character of Vishakha Maheshwari who is actor Randeep Rai‘s mother.
- Vaishnavi does not seem to be active on social media.
Featured Image By Vaishnavimac / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-3.0)