Rome, Lazio, Italy
Malibu, California, USA
Italian and American
Considering she started modeling at the age of 15, needless to say, her education was rather discontinuous. Exact details of her schooling or college education are not confirmed but living back and forth in two countries (Italy and U.S.) made her fluent in English, Italian and French.
- Father – John Hessler
- Mother – Gabriella Hessler
- Siblings – Albert Hessler (Brother), Patrick Hessler (Brother), David Hessler (Brother) (Doctor), Christian Hessler (Brother)
- Others – Giulia Nunnari (Stepdaughter), Sara Hessler (Sister-in-Law, David’s wife)
As an actress, she is signed with David Vatinet from Agents Associés – Suzy Vatinet – France
As a model, she has signed herself with the following modeling agencies –
- One Management – New York
- Munich Models
- Select Model Management
- Model Management – Hamburg
- Glamour Model Management – Rome (Mother Agency)
- Delphoss Model Agency
- Elite Model Management – Amsterdam
- Elite Model Management – Milan
- Elite Model Management – Barcelona
- Elite Model Management – Paris
- Elite Model Management – Stockholm
- Elite Model Management – Toronto
- Elite Model Management – China
- The Fabbrica
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vanessa Hessler has dated –
- Al-Saadi al-Gaddafi – Vanessa was RUMORed to have dated former Libyan football player and former Commander of Libya’s Special Forces, Al-Saadi al-Gaddafi.
- Al-Mu’tasim-Billah al-Gaddafi (2007-2011) – He was the fourth son of former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi by his second wife. Mutassim was captured along with his father by NATO funded rebel forces in Libya during the battle of Sirte (the final battle of Libyan civil war) and eventually shot to death in October 2011. Vanessa confessed that she had a four-year-long passionate relationship with the dictator’s son but left his country as soon as the uprising initiated the civil war. Mutassim was famous for his lavish lifestyle, known to spend millions to ensure the presence of celebrities from all over the world. Upon returning to Italy, Vanessa openly defended her former boyfriend and criticized UK, France and Italy’s role in overthrowing the Gaddafi regime.
- Francesco Montanari (2011-2013) – The Italian actor, Francesco Montanari turned out to be Vanessa’s rebound relationship after the former boyfriend, Mutassim Gaddafi’s death. The couple was often spotted dining together and kissing in various places in Rome.
- Gianni Nunnari (2014-Present) – Vanessa eventually found love with Hollywood-based Film/TV producer of Italian origin who is 29 years her senior. The couple resides in Malibu, California and has a daughter named Catarina (b. November 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Vanessa’s mother is Italian while her father is an American citizen with German ancestry.
- Thick, Luscious Blonde Hair
34.5-25-35.5 in or 88-63.5-90 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
- She was a part of the H&M catalog in 2008
- From 2010 to 2015 she was a part of the ad campaigns for the following brands
- Airfield (2011)
- Ermanno Scervino
- Guess (Face of Guess, 2010)
- Just Cavalli
- Liu- Jo
- Replay (2012)
- Calvin Klein
- Alessandro Couture (2012)
- Misaki (2013)
- In 2017, she was associated with
Her religious views are not confirmed.
Best Known For
- Being a Runway Model in New York, London, Paris, and Milan.
- Being a Supermodel in Italy by virtue of being featured on several magazine covers in France, Italy, and Germany.
- Played Princess Irina in the 2008 Italian movie, Asterix at the Olympic Games/Astérix aux Jeux Olympiques.
- Played a model named Britt in the Italian thriller, The Last Fashion Show/Sotto il vestito niente – L’ultima sfilata (2011)
First Fashion Show
She debuted with Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2004 fashion week where she walked for Fendi, Gattinoni, RoccoBarocco, and Mariella Burani.
She first appeared in Christmas in Miami / Natale a Miami (2005) for her role as Stella.
First TV Show
As an actress, she was first seen in 2 episodes of the TV mini-series called, Cenerentola / Cinderella (2011) for her role as Aurora de Luca.
Vanessa’s exact training plan and diet details are not known but she often posts pictures in workout gear before or after hitting the gym and reveals that a visit to the gym at least three times a week is important to her. She depends upon Aerobics classes for a full body workout.
Like most people, she battles sugar cravings and has to rely upon portion control to stay slim. She also depends a lot upon coffee or energy drinks to get through busy days. Most of her meals are rich in lean protein such as chicken and fish.
Vanessa Hessler Favorite Things
- All-time Favorite Model – Gisele Bündchen
- Fashion Designer – Fendi, Dolce & Gabbana and Miu Miu
- Food – Fettucine con pomodoro fresco
- Music – Pop, Rap & Oldies.
- Songs – Led Zeppelin’s “House of the Rising Sun”, Ne-Yo’s “Miss Independent” and Rihanna’s “Rehab”
- Quote – Tomorrow is another day.
Source – Fashion Model Directory
Vanessa Hessler Facts
- Vanessa was discovered by a modeling agent while she was walking through the street of Rome’s city center.
- Until 8, she resided in Rome, Italy. From 8 to 14, she lived in Rockville, Maryland, U.S.
- She had no plans for becoming a model but loves her job for all the worldwide traveling it affords. According to her, lengthy separation period from her family is the only downside of her profession.
- Vanessa was nicknamed ‘Alice’ being the face of Alice-DSL, the high-speed Internet connection service of the Spanish telecommunications company Telefonica. She was featured in all their advertisements across Europe.
- In November 2011, Vanessa lost her highest paying endorsement deal with Telefonica due to her criticism of all the European countries that contributed to ending Muammar Gaddafi’s reign.
- Fashion Model Directory named Vanessa Model of the Month in May 2009.
- Vanessa stays on the move living alternately in Rome, New York, and Los Angeles even when she is not visiting any other country as a part of her acting project.
- She defiantly claims that she has to prove herself as someone with intelligence and more than a pretty face every day of her life.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.