Alexa Ray Joel
Manhattan, New York, United States
Alexa Ray Joel was enrolled at the New York University, where she studied musical theater for a year.
Singer, songwriter, pianist
- Father – Billy Joel (Singer)
- Mother – Christie Brinkley (Model)
- Siblings – Jack Paris Brinkley Cook (Half-Brother), Sailor Lee Brinkley Cook (Half-Sister), Della Rose (Half-Sister)
- Others – Helmuth Julius Joel (Paternal Grandfather), Rosalind Nyman (Paternal Grandmother), Herbert Hudson (Maternal Grandfather), Marjorie Marie Bowling (Maternal Grandmother), Alexander Joel (Uncle)
Alexa Ray Joel is an independent artist and has no manager.
Pop, soul, blues, jazz, rock, adult contemporary
Vocals, piano, keyboards
ARJ Music, Audio Bee, The Hang Productions Inc.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexa Ray Joel has dated –
- Jimmy Riot (2005-2009) – Alexa’s relationship with musician Jimmy Riot came into the spotlight after she tried to commit suicide by swallowing a handful of sleeping pills in December 2009. She was reportedly struggling to come to the terms of her breakup from Jimmy. Alexa had started going out with hard rock bassist Jimmy Riot in 2005. She was 19 years old, whereas her boyfriend was 34. Age difference had attracted her in particular. He used to play in her band and had helped her produce her 2006 extended play Sketches.
- Cass Dillon (2010-2012) – Alexa Ray started going out with musician and songwriter Cass Dillon in 2010. She first met Cass after she had hired him to play guitar in her single, Notice Me. Joel’s father Billy had also collaborated with Cass for 2007 single, Christmas in Fallujah.
- Ryan Gleason (2013-Present) – Alexa started going out with restaurant owner Ryan Gleason in 2013. He is always present at her numerous performances and has been fully accepted by her family as evident by their holiday trips together.
Race / Ethnicity
Alexa is of German, Irish, English, Scottish descent on mother’s side, while, has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on father’s side.
- Big eyes
- Pouty lips
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Alexa has starred in the TV commercials for
- Prell shampoo (2010)
- Gap’s ‘Black to blue’ advertisement campaign. (2013)
Best Known For
- Being the daughter of supermodel Christie Brinkley and legendary songwriter Billy Joel.
- The popularity and success of her extended play, Sketches.
As a Singer
Alexa released her debut track, For All My Days in January 2008.
She released her debut Extended Play, Sketches in August 2006.
She is yet to appear in a theatrical film.
First TV Show
In 2007, Alexa guest appeared on the comedy talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! as herself.
For her Sports Illustrated photoshoot in which she was featured along with her mother and sister, she adopted a very healthy lifestyle. About a month before the photoshoot, she gave up eating pasta completely and noticed that she had 10 times more energy. She also started paying special attention to what all she was eating.
Alexa made sure that she was drinking a lot of coconut water. She also focused on consuming organic fruit and yogurt smoothies.
For the breakfast, she was having whole wheat toast with two eggs and was drinking tons of water throughout the day to remain hydrated.
Alexa Ray Joel Favorite Things
- Food – Pasta
Source – New Beauty
Alexa Ray Joel Facts
- After contemplating for years, she finally got rhinoplasty (nose) surgery done in 2010. She had always been conscious of the side on pictures. She also had a deviated septum.
- Initially, she wasn’t keen on appearing on the cover of the Sports Illustrated magazine with her mother and sister.
- Part of her name is inspired by the music legend Ray Charles.
- She has been a keen supporter of the environmental causes and has performed at numerous concerts organized by environmental foundations like Habitat for Humanity and Rainforest Foundation Fund.
- After her suicide attempt in 2009, she was presumed to be suicidal. Since then, she has refuted claims of her being suicidal and has instead claimed that she suffers from depression.
- Alexa does not have any social media accounts.