Gerard Piqué Bernabéu
Piqué, Geri, Principe Piqué, Piquenbauer
Gerard’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Joan Pique (Businessman)
- Mother – Montserrat Pique (Director of spinal injuries hospital in Barcelona)
- Siblings – Marc Pique (Younger Brother)
- Other – Amador Bernabeu (Grandfather) (Vice-president of Barcelona FC)
Pique is signed with IMG.
6 ft 3½ in or 192 cm
86 kg or 190 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gerard Pique dated –
- Lisa Lazarus (2008) – In 2008, Gerard had fling with the Welsh model Lisa Lazarus.
- Nuria Tomas (2009-2011) – In March 2009, Gerard commenced dating the Spanish fitness trainer, Nuria Tomas. The couple stayed together until 2011 when they decided to split up.
- Shakira Mebarak (2011-Present) – In January 2011, Pique began dating the famous Colombian singer Shakira after they first met at the World Cup event in South Africa. Later, the couple got engaged and have two sons, Sasha (b. January 29, 2015) and Milan (b. January 22, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue Eyes
- Towering Height
Gerard Pique’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Gerard has been sponsored by Nike and Mango (2011-2012).
He has also appeared in a TV advert for Qatar Airways, FIFA, Principe, FC Barcelona, and Assassin’s Creed 3.
Best Known For
Winning numerous titles as a member of FC Barcelona. He is also known for his defensive contribution to the team and for being very dangerous of set-pieces.
First Football Match
Gerard debuted for Manchester United in October 2004 in a 3-0 League Cup success over Crewe Alexandra. However, Pique had his official debut on March 29, 2006 against West Ham United.
Pique had his first competitive appearance for the senior national team of Spain on February 11, 2009 in a friendly match against England.
- Holding the ball
- Aerial duels
Pique has no significant weaknesses.
Gerard first acted as himself in a documentary film called Bicicleta, cullera, poma in 2010. His role was uncredited.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Pique first appeared in the talk-show Hora Q in 2009 as himself in just one episode.
Gerard’s workout and diet programs are not known.
Gerard Pique Favorite Things
- NBA Team – San Antonio Spurs
- Football Stadiums – Camp Nou, Old Trafford, Allianz Arena
Gerard Pique Facts
- Pique started his football journey at FC Barcelona’s youth categories. He first played as a defensive midfielder.
- Gerard signed for Manchester United in 2004. The English team did not pay a buyout price because of him being only 17 at the time.
- In February 2005, he extended his contract with the Premier League side which would have kept him in Manchester until 2009.
- On August 4, 2006, Pique was sent on a loan to Real Zaragoza.
- On May 27, 2008, Gerard shifted to FC Barcelona. He penned a four-year deal which included a buyout clause of worth 5 million euros.
- He extended his contract with Barcelona on May 20, 2014 to stay with the club until 2019.
- Pique competed for Spanish U-19 national team that won the 2006 EURO Championship in Poland.
- Gerard played for the U-20 national team of Spain at the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
- He and Shakira share the same birthday. But, she is 10 years older than him.
- Visit Pique’s official website @ gerardpique.com.
- Follow Gerard on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, and Linkedin.