José D. Fernández
Fernandez was born on July 31, 1992.
Jose was 24 when he passed away on September 25, 2016 in Miami Beach, Florida, U.S.
Santa Clara, Cuba, United States
Jose went to Braulio Alonso High School in Tampa, Florida where he played as a baseball player.
Former professional baseball player
- Father – Ramon Jimenez (Stepfather)
- Mother – Maritza Fernandez
- Siblings – Yadenis Jimenez (Sister)
- Others – Olga Fernández (Grandmother)
José Fernández was signed with McCarty Talent.
- Miami Marlins – 16
- Jacksonville Suns – 13
- Jupiter Hammerheads – 44
6 ft 2¾ in or 190 cm
108 kg or 238 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jose Fernandez dated –
- Carla Mendoza (2015) – Jose started dating Marlins’ Energy cheerleader Carla Mendoza in 2015 before the start of the MLB season and since then, kept their relationship very private. Due to dating, she was also fired from the job as cheerleaders are not allowed to date players. They split in the same year in 2015.
- Maria Arias (2016) – After splitting from Carla, Jose commenced dating a girl named, Maria Arias. He also revealed about her being pregnant with his child just before his death on September 25, 2016. At the time of his death, Maria was about 4 months pregnant.
Race / Ethnicity
- Muscular and big body
- Towering height
José Fernández body specifications may be –
- Chest – 47 in or 119.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 38 in or 96.5 cm
Fernandez has appeared in TV commercials for 5 Hour Energy.
Jose’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
His career as a pitcher in the Major League Baseball (MLB).
First Baseball Match
On April 7, 2013, Jose debuted in a match between Miami Marlins and New York Mets. The Marlins eventually lost to New York with the final result being 3-4.
Jose has not performed as an actor in a film yet.
First TV Show
Other than MLB matches itself, Fernandez has not been seen in any other TV show.
Jose’s workout and diet programs are not known.
José Fernández Favorite Things
Fernandez’s favorite things are not known.
José Fernández Facts
- He lived on the same street as another MLB player Aledmys Diaz and they were good friends.
- Jose once stated that Diaz’s uncle was one of the most influential people in his life especially when it comes to becoming a professional baseball player.
- Fernandez’s stepfather Ramon shifted from Cuba to Tampa, Florida in 2005. He tried to give up to the allegiance of Cuba in exchange for an allegiance from the USA which was illegitimate by the first country. This led to him being sentenced to prison every time he wanted to defect from Cuba.
- Jose and his mother and sister got defected in 2007. First, they reached Mexico and in 2008, finally settled down in Tampa, Florida.
- Before the start of his senior year, Fernandez was wanted by the MLB’s Cincinnati Reds which offered $1.3 million signing bonus to Jose who at the time had a status of free agent. Eventually, he became eligible for his senior year despite the problems he had with Florida High School Athletic Association which pronounced him ineligible. He finished his senior year at Braulio Alonso High School.
- He was selected as the 14th overall pick by the Florida Marlins in the 2011 MLB Draft.
- Jose penned a contract with the Marlins and was paid $2 million signing bonus.
- He was the NL Rookie of the Year in 2013.
- On April 24, 2015, Jose officially gained citizenship from United States.
- He examined his grandmother as the love of his life. They were apart for 6 years and eventually reunited in 2013 right after the baseball season was over.
- Fernandez died in a boating accident on the Miami Beach along with two friends of his. Jose’s yacht was found around 3:00 by the U.S. Coast Guard on a small jetty. After complete investigation about the accident, it was confirmed that Fernandez was not the driver and his death came as a result of the crash.
- On September 26, 2016, Fernandez’s jersey #16 was retired by the Miami Marlins.
- Connect with Jose on Twitter and Instagram.