Marcelo Vieira da SIlva Júnior
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Marcelo’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Julia Vieira (Sister)
- Others – San Pedro (Grandfather) (Died in July 2014 during the 2014 World Cup)
Marcelo is signed with Toreta d.o.o.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
75 kg or 165½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marcelo is married to the Brazilian actress Clarisse Alves whom he started dating with back in 2003. Together the couple have one child, son Enzo Gattuso Alves Vieira (b. September 24, 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
- Afro hairstyle
Marcelo’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 39.5 in or 100 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
In April 2013, Marcelo signed an endorsement contract with the popular sportswear brand Adidas.
Vieira has appeared in a TV commercial for Nivea Men, Pepsi, and Microsoft.
Best Known For
Being one of the best left backs in the world and also for his shooting and technical ability often being matched with the former Brazilian superstar Roberto Carlos.
First Football Match
On January 7, 2007, he debuted for Real Madrid in a 2-0 victory against Deportivo La Coruna.
Marcelo had his national team debut on September 5, 2006 in a friendly match win against Wales.
- Long and short shots
- Ball Handling
- Speed, quickness, agility
- Head plays
Marcelo has not acted in a film yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, he has not been seen in any other TV show.
Marcelo’s training program and diet are not known.
Marcelo Vieira Favorite Things
Marcelo Vieira Facts
- At the age of 9, Marcelo began playing futsal (indoor football).
- When he was 13, he was already a part of one of the most popular Brazilian teams Fluminense.
- Marcelo had a rough childhood and because of being very poor, he thought about quitting football. However, his club at the time Fluminense had already seen huge potential in Marcelo and guaranteed him a continuation of his development as a footballer.
- Marcelo’s grandfather paid money so he could play football.
- He devotes every goal to his wife and his grandfather.
- He signed with Real Madrid in January 2007.
- On April 14, 2007, he had his first start for Real Madrid in a match against Racing de Santander.
- The former Italian football star Paolo Maldini acclaimed Marcelo as a left back who is a great attacker and a defender at the same time.
- He gained Spanish citizenship on July 26, 2011.
- Marcelo was part of the Brazilian national team at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, England.
- On July 10, 2015, Marcelo extended his contract with Real Madrid for 5 more years.
- Vieira is great friends with Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe.
- Marcelo has a lot of tattoos on his body including his day of birth (12) on his left arm, his grandfather’s name “Pedro” and his shirt number.
- Follow Marcelo on his Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.